Bonding With In-Laws

Nishtha sat in the garden alone, enjoying the cool breeze that helped dry the wet mehendi, sitting with closed eyes. She was enjoying her me-time in nature, away from all the commotion that was going on for the wedding. 

Her me-time got disturbed when she heard hushed voices from behind her. She turned around to look at the source of the voices.

"Om for the last time I am full" Sanskriti looked at Omkar with an angry look while Omkar was holding a plate filled with food.

"One last bite Sans, you need to eat well to sustain tonight" Omkar said holding the spoon near her mouth with a pout. He whispered the last part to Sanskriti with a devilish smirk. Nishtha's eyes widened in surprise seeing the old couple have the same chemistry as her and Vikrant. Getting comfortable she listened to more of their conversation.

"Only if am on top and you are at my mercy" Sanskriti bargained with Omkar. He thought for a few seconds before agreeing to it. Nishtha on the other hand burst into a fit of coughs hearing their talks. She now realised about the the warning Vikrant had given her earlier about his parents. Sanskriti and Omkar's attention got pulled towards Nishtha. Hearing her coughing, Omkar ran to her with a water bottle and helped her drink it.

"You good?" Sanskriti asked concerned.

"Yeah, better now. Thank you" She thanked Omkar for the water and scooted to give space to  both of them.

"What are you doing here at this time?" Omkar asked as he closed the water bottle.

"Just chilling. Its too noisy inside so thought to relax here for a while. Aap log yahan? (You guys here?)" Nishtha asked looking at them questioningly.

"Nothing, just your to-be mother-in-law behaving like a child and not understanding my point" Omkar complained sitting in-between her and Sanskriti. Nishtha smiled, understanding what Omkar was pointing at though to him, he doesn't know that Nishtha had overheard their conversation.

"Ohh please. I always listen to you. What's the matter if I ask something from you? Stop sulking and grow up" Sanskriti replied him blowing air on to her hands.

"Ohh really grow up, let's go to the room, I show you how grown up I am" Omkar pulled Sanskriti closer and whispered forgetting Nishtha was right beside him.

"STOPPP!!!!" Nishtha screamed, standing up, stopping the romance from budding.

"As much as I adore you both as a couple, you are my saas-sasur. At least give me some time to get used to your romance. Where is this Vikrant?" She complained, closing her eyes and facing her back towards the old couple. Omkar and Sanskriti burst out laughing at the poor girl's misery.

"Trust me beta, you'd be this with my son. He's the 2.0 version of me" Omkar said patting Nishtha's head, making her look at him.

"Stop scaring her Om. She might already be thinking that you are insatiable and if you are calling Viku 2.0, bechari (poor her) might just faint" Sanskriti motioned Nishtha to sit beside her.

"Okay okay. Enjoy your girls-time while I find my son and update him about his mother and to-be wife" Omkar left both of them alone.

"He's crazy but cute" Sanskriti said noticing that Nishtha was still looking in the direction of Omkar.

"I heard your convo with him earlier. That's why I coughed" Nishtha said looking guilty.

"Its fine. You'll get used to it. These older generation men just like teasing these kids. Its nothing serious okay" Sanskriti comforted her.