Wedding Tunes!

Vikrant rubbed Nishtha's hand, assuring her that nothing would go wrong.

"Am scared" She looked at him with a scared expression. They were standing infront of her house with a nervous Nishtha and a confident Vikrant.

"Just keep your head down and walk to your room straight" Vikrant walked hand in hand with her towards the entrance and rang the doorbell that opened almost immediately, revealing a furious and scared looking Manish and a chilled-out Kabir and Maya who looked at Vikrant with a smile that they hid infront of Manish.

Nishtha quickly ran to her room without looking anywhere as instructed by Vikrant. Manish furiously shut the door on Vikrant's face and looked at Kabir for explanation.

"Don't look at me as if I knew that they were going to meet" Kabir shrugged his shoulders and walked towards Nishtha's room, whistling a happy tune. Maya sat beside Manish and held his hand, placing her head on his shoulder.

"She didn't run away Manish. We brought her up the right way" She said rubbing her thumb on his hand.

"She spent a whole night with him" He looked at Maya scared at his own thoughts.

"You've trusted her once, trust her again. And so what if she spent a night with him, she's still young and needs to enjoy her life. You refused to get her married to someone she wanted, and she obeyed to you without any questions. Give her space now" Maya stood up, leaving Manish to his thoughts.

______________________________________

ONE MONTH LATER

Vikrant knocked on Manish's cabin door with an extra sweet smile. Manish looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze but nevertheless asked him to speak.

"How are you uncle?" Vikrant asked, settling on his seat.

Manish nodded his head, indicating he was well and eager to know the reason why he was in his office.

"I wanted to talk to you"

"I've already said my decision to you" Manish said having an intuition about what Vikrant might want to talk to him.

"I don't know uncle, how to tell you this? I am embarrassed to say this to you" Vikrant looked here and there indicating that the topic was uncomfortable for him too. Manish's ears perked at his tone.

"What is it?"

"Uncle I haven't met Nishtha for one month neither tried to contact. Nor has she contacted me, but yesterday, she called me" Vikrant said making an innocent face.

"What did she say?" Manish's heart was racing knowing he won't like what Vikrant was going to say further.

"Kaise kahu aapse samjh nai aaraha (I don't know how to tell you)" Vikrant shifted in the chair, acting he didn't know exact words to break the news to him.

"Seedhe seedhe bolna" Manish said angrily, scooting closer to Vikrant.

"Promise me first that you won't scold Nishtha for anything" Vikrant forwarded his hand towards him, asking for a promise. Manish placed his hand in Vikrant's and asked him to continue.

"She said she missed her periods this month. So I took her to the hospital yesterday...and the results are positive...Here are the results" Vikrant took deliberate pauses, increasing the suspense before breaking the actual bomb on Manish. Manish on the other hand, felt his world shatter. He hit his hand on his head and cried upon having his daughter lost her respect. Vikrant handed out the hospital results to him.