Chapter 8: Will you?

~ A month later ~

*Harlee's POV*

Today was one of the days Haruhi let me join them all during club hours. I was sitting in the corner of the room, quietly obviously. Just minding my own business, watching everyone but specifically the twins, and even more specifically Kaoru. They were all dressed in period old Japanese fashion, the color looked really good on all of them.

I was far away, so I couldn't hear much conversation that was going on. I was just doodling when two girls walked up to me. "You are Harlee, right?" One asks. I nod with a smile. They both squeal. "That is so cool, your Haruhi's little sister as well?" The second asks. I nod once again. "What does he use for shampoo?" The second asks again. I shrug, I honestly have no clue.

"Oh, that's a shame. Do you know if he uses lotion?" The first girl asks. I once again shake my head no. "Why don't you speak?" The second girl asks. "She is a shy girl, so she doesn't speak to anyone. Only writes" Kaoru says from behind the girls. "Oh, that sounds sad" The first girl says. "It's not sad. She makes it her own little thing, makes her unique" Kaoru says smiling at me.

"OH, Kasanoda is here!" The first girl squeals. "We have to go see how it goes!" The second squeals and they run to the other side of the room. 'What's going on?' I write asking Kaoru. "Oh, this guy Bossanova we helped last week found out Haruhi's secret and he has a big crush now" Kaoru laughs.

'My sister?' I ask somewhat bewildered. "Yes yours" Kaoru snickers. 'Good for her' I quietly laugh. "Yeah, but it's got the boss and Hikaru going crazy. Bossanova isn't the only one with a crush on a Fujioka" Kaoru says, looking down. He said A Fujioka. That means he could like me, or I could make a fool out of myself. 'Tamaki-senpai and Hikaru have crushes on Haruhi?' I ask not wanting to bring it to me yet.

"Yea but neither quite want to admit it to themselves yet." Kaoru says while staring off. 'But you can see it?' I write. "Yea, I can see it. I know Hikaru more than anybody. And the boss? Well, everyone knows it, but they want him to figure it out" Kaoru explains. 'And you said A Fujioka, does that mean me too?' I ask, deciding I was brave enough to ask. "Um... yea it includes you" Kaoru says, rubbing the back of his neck. 'Who likes me?' I ask. Please say yourself. "Um... well.... I really didn't think this would be the scenario, with your sister on the couch being hit on by a dude and everyone acting weird." He starts while still looking at the ground.

He stays there quiet for a moment before taking my hand and pulling me out of the room. He doesn't stop in the hallway, rather keeps pulling me until we are in the rose maze in the courtyard. "Kaoru, what are we doing here?" I ask. He turns around to me and smiles. "That is what I wanted. I wanted to be in a space where I could hear your answer" he says, the brightest smile in the world belongs to Kaoru Hitachiin at this moment.

"My answer?" I say, acting confused. At least I am acting now, if he doesn't ask what I think he is going to I will actually be confused. Kaoru takes a deep breath, "Harlee Fujioka. I have liked you since the moment I saw you. And every moment since then has just been miraculous. You are an incredible human-being and I absolutely love being friends with you." That's not how I thought that would end. "Friend?" I say upset. "OH NO! Let me finish. While I love being friends with you... I would love to be something more. To be with you and call you mine. So, will you?" Kaoru says, out of breath by the end.

He really asked me! HE ASKED ME! "Will I what?" I say with a smirk on my face. Kaoru laughs, "Will you be my girlfriend?" "Yes, I will" I say laughing as well. Kaoru pulls me in, and we kiss. It was better than the first time. The first was great, but it was awkward afterwards. This time when we separated it was more magical than the kiss. We were both smiling like bumbling idiots. "That was really nice," Karou said.

"Yea, yea it was" I say. I can tell just from the heat on my face, that I was as red as a tomato. And from the looks of it, Kaoru was really red as well. "You're a tomato. Hair and all" I laugh. "Well, someone is looking like a strawberry herself" Kaoru laughs as well. And something that I wasn't expecting but I quite enjoyed. Kaoru hugged me. Full body embrace hugged me. I hugged him back as well. And we just stood there hugging and enjoying the moment.

Once we separated, we just stared at each other in that really cliche fashion. "Should we be getting back? Hikaru and the boss probably killed Bossanova by now" Kaoru says, laughing. "Yea maybe we should" I answer. Kaoru takes my hand once again but instead of dragging me, we walked hand in hand until we got to Music Room #3. I turn to him and give him a weird look. "Let's not tell the school yet? Maybe the hosts. But I don't want the brotherly love fans getting angry at you for dating me" Kaoru answers sweetly.

I was hurt, not because he would ask that, but because I had to be safe now dating Kaoru. I nod my head and look down. "I'm sorry, but I don't want you to get stuck into some cat fight because I'm a host," Kaoru says, sadly. 'I understand,' I write and put on a small smile. "Thank you" Kaoru says with a smile before letting go of my hand and opening the doors to see Tamaki on the floor and the other hosts looking over him.

"Is he ok?" Kaoru asks as we walk over. "Where have you two been?" Hikaru asks. "Oh, we went to the courtyard to get some fresh air," Kaoru answers. The rest of the hosts buy that answer but Hikaru turns to us both with an eyebrow raised. Kaoru nods his head yes with a smile towards his brother. And Hikaru smiles wide. I guess Hikaru knew of the general plan, and he was happy about us.

"And no, he's not, Kasanoda had said that he wasn't Haruhi's father" Kyoya answers Kaoru's question. 'And he's not? He's met our father' I write showing the group. "He almost figured out his own emotions. He is lost in daydream right now; he should snap back in a second on his own" Kyoya continues.

"Who knows. Although when I think about it, Tamaki-senpai is like my dad in some ways." We all hear Haruhi say. That seemed to snap Tamaki back into his normal psycho self. "Did you hear that gentlemen and Harlee? Apparently in some ways I am like Haruhi's father!" He says triumphantly. "Well, to be more precise, I think what she's saying is that while you and her father do share some personality traits, in actuality-" Kyoya starts but is cut off by Tamaki.

"I've got it! I've got it now! I'm like a father to her!" Tamaki cries. 'And you lost him' I write and show Kyoya. "Yes, we have" Kyoya says annoyed. Our attention is brought back to Kasanoda and Haruhi when we hear the girls screaming something. "Yea, I think we could be great friends," Haruhi says to Kasanoda. Everyone swarms over to him crying saying they'll be his friend, sorry that Haruhi had friend zoned him.

'I'll be heading home. Let me know how this goes later' I show Kaoru and he laughs. "Will do. See you tomorrow my beautiful Harlee" Kaoru says. And with that I went home with a big smile on my face.