25|Happy Ending

Ninjago City |

After we finished eating Lloyd and I went downtown to see if we could find his parents.

LLOYD: "Mom! Dad! We've been looking for you!" *runs up to them and hugs them*

MISAKO: "Have you been enjoying the festivities son?"

...

While Lloyd was talking to his parents I looked over to see Cole cooking in one of the food stalls a few feet away.

Might as well say hi to him.

LUCY: "Hey Cole...are you going to join us or the rest of the Ninja? It might be nice to relax, you know?"

COLE: "Oh, hey Lucy. I will in a little bit. How's the festival and Lloyd?" *continues cooking*

LUCY: "Everything is good...we're good. Are you sure you're okay? I didn't upset you did I?"

COLE: "No...you didn't upset me. I mean..I was a little bummed at first but I get it. You and Lloyd are a thing, I can't compete with fate and he's my friend. You both are."

LUCY: "...Thank you for understanding... you're a really good friend, Cole. Take a break and have fun! You worked so hard, you deserve it!" *hugs him and runs off*

Cole softly smiles as he watches her run back to the Garmadon's.

...

Lloyd and I were walking out of downtown to our final destination of the day as the sun was starting to set.

LLOYD: "So...was Cole alright?"

LUCY: "Yeah, he was. How was your parents?"

LLOYD: "They are really happy, and it makes me happy that they're finally together again." *smiles*

LUCY: "And it's all thanks to you...you did it. You have your family back." *smiles at him*

LLOYD: *Looks at her* "I couldn't have done it without you Lucy. You helped me, and was there for me the entire time. Thank you."

LUCY: "Anytime." *blushes*

...

We finally arrived by the river where the boat was waiting for us.

Lloyd helped me in as we floated down the river. The sun was setting and the lanterns were out. The cherry blossom petals were falling around us.

LUCY: "This is...amazing Lloyd." *looks around in awe*

LLOYD: *smiles at her* "Yeah...you are"

LUCY: *blushes* "What do we do now?"

LLOYD: "Well...we just sit back and relax. The tough days are over. We won, and now we can be happy." *looks at their reflection in the water*

LUCY: *holds his hand* "I can't thank you enough...I was in such a horrible place before I met you and everyone. Because of you I have a family and friends now...and I know what happiness feels like. I didn't have that before..."

LUCY: "You really showed me a whole world that I didn't even know...I think I...-"

Lloyd cuts her off by kissing her. It was a long, slow kiss.

LLOYD: *Looks back at her* "You don't need to thank me. I just did what a hero does. Rescue the princess."

"