"I have to go, grandma," She says.

She nods her head, her eyes looking a little misty as she pulls her into a tight hug. Jennie rubs her back, trying to keep her warm. "Take care of yourself, Jennie. Eat well. And call me when you get back home, okay? I will worry otherwise."

"I will," Jennie assures her, smiling weakly when she kisses her cheek, because she's not really the most affectionate person in the world, so the gesture means a lot. "You take care, too. Please stop lifting so many heavy things all the time. I know you don't want to accept it, but you're not getting any younger, so please spare your body, okay?"

She chuckles and assures her that she will be careful just as the bus driver sticks his head out and yells at Jennie to hurry up.

Jennie sniffles as she pulls back, leaning down pick up her bag and sling it back over her shoulders. She waves at uncle Changho who's waiting a little further away and the old man waves back with a friendly smile.

"Thank you, grandma," Jennie says. "For everything."

She shakes her head. "Don't thank me. I'm your grandma, and this is your home. You're welcome whenever. And don't forget what I told you. I'm very proud of you, sweetheart. You be proud of yourself, too, you hear me?"

Jennie nods and takes a deep breath before she can start crying again. She's about to turn around when a sudden thought strikes her. "Grandma, can you do me a favour?"

"Of course. What is it?"

"There's... There's something in the drawer in the table next to my bed. A tape. Can you give it to someone for me? Their name's on it."

She looks at her silently before nodding her head. "Of course, dear. Don't worry about it."

Jennie smiles at her and pulls her into another hug, letting her kiss her cheek before she pulls away and finally gets in the bus, showing the bus driver her ticket so she can go and find her seat at the very back.

She settles down and places her bag by her feet, leaning close to the window so she can see her grandma watching her from outside. She smiles once she spots her, waving at her, and Jennie can't stop her tears this time.

It's not even been a full minute, and she already misses her voice, the flowery scent clinging to her clothes and hair.

Jennie waves back, and her seat rattles when the bus driver turns on the engine, starting to back out of the parking lot.

Her grandma keeps waving at her and even uncle Changho steps up next to her to watch the bus drive away. Then the bus turns the other way, and drives off, and Jennie sinks back into her seat with a heavy sigh, looking at the town outside for the last time where people have started to open up their shops, putting up their fruits and vegetables for the day.

She picks up her phone and sends Lisa a quick text, telling her when she'll arrive before she puts it away again.

The bus is empty save for three other people, the engine and the faint noises of the radio from the front feeling strangely nostalgic.

Jennie closes her eyes and pretends that it's four weeks earlier, and that she isn't going back home, but instead coming to visit her grandmother again.

-

Y/n is still angry when decides to go and see Jennie again the next evening.

She went to work anyway, figuring it wouldn't make sense to stay home now that Jennie and her weren't talking, but her mind constantly kept going back to the fight she had with Jennie yesterday, and she ended up with cuts and bruises all over from not paying attention on the construction site.

Catch The Starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें