That Bitch

Y/n's POV

7 year old Y/n

"Mom can I get that candy please? I really want it."

I looked up at my mom who sighed and shook her head.

"No"

"But mom please. See Jungkook's mom is buying him candies too."

"Jungkook also ranked first in the class. He's getting reward for it."

"But mom I ranked second too." I whined and wiggled in her hold.

"Exactly. You scored second, not first. Ask for candies when you beat Jungkook and come first."

"But mom-"

I couldn't complaint further because she dragged me away.

I hate Jungkook. I can't buy candies because of him.

15 years old Y/n

"Mom see, I made this for the science exhibition and it won the first prize."

I exitedly showed my model to my mom who was watching TV.

"So what? This is just some toy. You know I was talking to Jungkook's mom today, he's planning to make a career in the medical line. Why can't you learn anything from him? I don't know why you're always into shit like this. Doctors become rich, engineers don't even get recognised."

I clenched my first beside me in anger because I don't want to lash out on her and make things words. Why can't she acknowledged my efforts for once?

I was about to go to my room when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and it was the person I didn't want to ever see in my life.

"What?"

I asked Jungkook who was standing there with hands in his pocket.

He was such a nervous and introverted guy that he couldn't even look anyone in the eye. But after his sudden glow up things have changed. He suddenly became confident and his style changed by 180⁰.

"I heard you won the first prize in the science exhibition. Congrats. Would you like if I treat you an ice Cream?"

"I-"

I couldn't complete my sentence because my mom emerged from behind me.

"Oh Jungkook how are you? It's so nice to have you here. Come in."

"No aunt it's fine, I just came to congratulate Y/n on winning the first prize."

"Oh no it's okay, it's not a big deal anyways. I would have been happy if she could have the same intellectual level as you. You're such a planned person and want to be a doctor and here she's making weird machines and wasting our money."

Jungkook looked at me with an awkward gaze which I ignored.

"No aunt it's really amazing. Engineering requires lots of skill and talent and I'm glad she is working for what she likes. It's something to appreciate. Anyways I wanted to ask if I can take her out and get some ice cream"

I glared at Jungkook because I knew he asked it in front of her so I had no option but to go with him.

"Oh yeah yeah sure. Y/n go and wear your shoes."

My mother pushed me out to have ice cream with him.

I began walking fast so I don't have to be in a 10 feet radius from him.

"Wait slow down."

He hugged upto be and wrapped his head around my shoulder.

"Don't worry about her okay? You're doing really well. I'm proud of you."

I yanked his hand off me and scoffed.

"You're the last person I want to make proud. Why're you even here? Go and study so your mom can brag about how hardworking you are and then indirectly comment me on my studies."

"Don't mind them Y/n. You're doing great. You don't need to spoil your mood because of them. Do whatever you want and give your best."

I nodded and walked ahead to put my hate on the bay for some time and focus on savouring the ice cream we're about to get.

18 year old Y/n

"Y/N DID TOU SERIOUSLY TAKE
NON-MEDICAL STREAM WITHOUT INFORMING US? HOW CAN YOU TAKE SUCH A BUG STEP BY YOURSELF? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A DOCTOR AND GET RICH? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE LIKE JUNGKOOK?"

"Mom I don't want to be like Jungkook because I'm not him. I have no interest in being a doctor. Nothing about being a doctor charms me."

My mom held her head in her hands and plopped on the couch as if I just announced that I am a cocaine addict and pregnant with a gangsters child. Thought I don't think she'd react that badly to it.

"Mom-"
"Go to your room."

I didn't have the energy to fight anymore so I silently left for my room.

Only if I didn't have this Jungkook in my life.

___________________________________________

Hope you liked this one and sorry if you didn't. I ahve preboards in less than 10 days from today and I'm losing my mind (⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)