"Madison, you have to let go of him. Stop shaking him. Help is coming...." Mason chimed in, his hands around her shoulders, and Madison knew he wanted to drag her away from Damien's limp body, but she wasn't letting go at all.

"Madison, please..."

"Ma'am, please. You have to leave him alone and allow us have him." Another unfamiliar voice this time said to Madison, and just like in the movies, she saw different men surrounding her as they tried to take Damien from her.

"No! No... I'm not letting him go. He needs me. Damien is not dead, and he needs me. I..."

"Yes, he isn't dead, and he definitely needs you, but he also needs treatment, and we have to help him as fast as we can before he gives up the ghost."

"No! No, don't say that word." Madison thundered, her eyes seeing red, and the last strength in her was fleeing away.

"Ma'am, you have to leave him. We are sorry." Someone said to her, and before she knew what was happening, she felt Mason drag her roughly from behind and her frail arms disentangled from Damien's body.

"Noooo! No, Mason, leave me alone. Drop me down. I have to go with them."

"Madison, come with me." Her brother ordered, throwing her over his shoulders, and even as she hit his back furiously, he began to take her away, not budging or shaking at all.

"Mason, please... Don't. Where are they taking him to? What is going to happen to him? Are you working for Katherine too? Is this your plan all along?"

"He's being taken to the hospital, Maddie, and we are going there too. To be with him, and also to get some treatment for you. I'm not working with Katherine, damnit, I came here with Damien. It's a long story, but you must calm down and be still."

"I should calm down!" She spat out, still hitting his back as she continued, "When Damien was just shot, I should be calm? He saved my life! Where is that woman, Katherine or whatever she calls herself? Where are her men, the ones that kidn...."

She was cut off from her speech the second she felt her whole body thrown into a car, and the door slammed shut.

"Mason! Mason, get me out of here!" She began to scream, her hands hitting the window and playing with the car locks but her efforts were useless.

She was trapped once again, and it was not until the car's ignition started moving, then did she give up.

Slumping in the car seat, regretful tears continued to stream down Madison's cheeks in torrents.

.......

KATHERINE

'How could he have taken the bullet for that bitch?'

'Why did he have to get in the way?'

'What the hell had Damien just done?'

'Was this the end for him? For them?'

These questions and much more ran through Katherine's head as she felt herself being overpowered by two hefty men.

The gun in her trembling hands fell to the floor, and staggering back; she stared straight at the bloodied, passed-out body which was just inches far away from where she stood.

The events of the past few minutes flashing through her head, Katherine closed her eyes as tremors racked through her whole body.

How had she been so stupid? Why did she pull the trigger? She could have waited a bit, or she could have just given up... No! She never gave up.

As she even had the thought, she felt angered all of a sudden, and as the police officers started to drag her towards wherever she began to scream as if coming back to her senses.

"Leave me alone! Leave me the fuck alone!"

"You are to remain silent, miss, and let us guide you safely to the car."

"I said leave me, you bastards. There's no way I'm going to the station with you lots. My men will come after you. My father will come after you. You have no right to try and forcefully drag me or...." Katherine paused, her eyes darkening when she felt the cool slap of a handcuff on her wrists, and this time her wailing increased.

"Leave me the fuck alone! I'm going to sue you. I'm going to...."

"Whatever you say here, ma'am will be used against you in the court of law. So you have to remain silent and be calm."

"How do you expect me to be calm? I can't be calm. I..." Katherine stuttered, her eyes roaming about as she tried to search for the members of her gang.

She could see dead bodies littered on the sandy ground and some officers dragging away some accomplices, and her eyes blinking; Katherine knew it was time to give up already.

She'd been caught. She'd shot someone who might even be dead now, and it was all over.

She had lost, and finally, she stopped fighting the officers, her shoulders dropping as she accepted her ridiculous fate.

Besides, her whole body and head ached painfully, and she wanted the heavy internal pounding to stop.

Her yelling turned into sobs, and her sobs turned into soft whimpers as everything came crashing around her.

She heard the siren of the police car they were taking her to blasting loudly, and squinting her brows, she bit her cheeks until she could taste blood.

Soon, the officers got to the car, and as they shoved her in it and banged the door closed, Katherine continued to look out the window, her hands starting to knock on the door as she sought a way out.

She had no idea where the strength to fight again was coming from, but she continued to hit the car, even after the Jeep's ignition started, and the vehicle speedily drove away.

"No!..." She could only scream internally as she fought with the handcuffs clasped on her wrist.

It was over. She'd lost.

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕