Coincidentally

I decided to give up at that point, it was already noon by the time I left the building. I was reconsidering the idea of looking throughout the city for survivors as I walked back to my dorm room in search of self defense items. I wasn't for sure if I'd blend in with other zombies or if I would be safe around humans so I brought a Glock I found in Tyler's abandoned luggage. This dude is crazy! I had a feeling something was freaky about Tyler, but not in the sexual way. He's too much of a bum to do anything to me.

I kinda miss that dude.

I took a blank notebook and a couple of pencils in my messenger bag along with the Glock. If I could blend in with zombies that would make my job much easier. If they're hostile to each other I would presume it would be for territorial purposes.

I ran outside with my bag and began searching the city for either zombies or humans. There was lots of blood across the concrete roads and sidewalks which kinda freaked me out. I took out my notebook and wrote down a couple basics:

Zombies eat humans
Reason: unknown
Theory: nutritional factors and/or attempted reversal towards their humanity
Zombie's physical features:
Low saturated blue, green, and grey-ish purple skin along with barbwire looking scars
Some zombies have the whites of their eyes yellow, v.s. Some have completely red eyes like white rabbits.
Note: I have yet to find out their purpose

"That looks like a good start!" I feel like I'm going to end up talking to myself much more often than usual if I'm going to be all alone in such a big city. As the thought passed I saw something run into a parking complex. I quickly ran after it cautiously keeping myself hidden.
It was a zombie! I kept myself out of sight but I saw it was one that looked like me with yellow eyes. I try focusing on their face as I see it looming over a human's body ripped open. It looked like the same pose I saw yesterday the first time I saw a zombie. I put my notebook and pencil away and loaded the Glock.
"What are you doing!?"
I say as I see the zombie turn back to me in surprise. It was a familiar face.
"Toby?"
It was Tyler! What the hell was going on?
Toby:"Tyler what's happening? How did you-"
Tyler:"Toby oh my god! I was wondering where you where! Put my Glock away pal."
I put the gun down as Tyler stood up and wiped his face. His face looked about the same as I remember besides the barbwire scars along his forehead, he honestly looked like Frankenstein.
Toby:"y-you're eating a human! Straight after becoming a zombie?"
Tyler:"yeah, isn't that what we're supposed to do? I don't know why I can still think and talk the way I am now but I guess you're ten steps ahead of me."
Tyler pointed to my messenger bag with my notebook sticking out
Toby:"oh, yeah I guess. But don't you think this is wrong!? You tore into that person's chest so easily."
Tyler:"Ah well it does feel wrong but good at the same time, it's like when I started vaping for the first time."
Toby:"that's sugar coating this far too much."
Tyler:"HAH! Sorry! Anyway I'd love to help you out with your research, I was gonna be your partner anyways for college."
Toby:"yeah, what did you see in there?"
Tyler:"It was brutal, the announcer was the first one to go before everyone started flooding the halls."
Tyler and I sat down on the concrete
Tyler:"I got outside pretty quick but a zombie got me right in the back of my neck!"
Tyler pointed towards the heavily stitched area on the back of his neck. It was in the shape of the bite sectioned in triangles.
Tyler:"I actually saw you with your back turned getting tackled and I pulled him off of you but he got to me straight after."
Toby:"that was you?"
Tyler's face got a little pink
Tyler:"yeah, I had no idea you'd be out there coincidentally."
Toby:"thanks, do you mind if I study you a little further?"
Tyler:"I don't mind."