Christmas break

Happy Holidays everyone
Thank you all for the votes and for reading.
A little Christmas present from me to you
Enjoy 🧑🏻‍🎄
—————————————————————————————————————————————

You are one your way to the airport to pick Leah up. She had texted you before boarding what time she would land.
You walked inside the airport and checked the time, you only had 5min before she would walk out the terminal.
You spotted Steph's boyfriend and made small talk with him till you saw familiar figures coming your way

It didn't take you long to spot your favourite defender and your smile grew larger when she spotted you. Leah picked up the pace and made her way towards you and hugged you as if she hadn't seen you for a whole month.
You kissed her quickly "Hi baby"
"Hi love, if missed you"
"I missed you too"
You picked up Leah's bag and said goodbye to everyone wishing them happy holidays and made your way to your car.

"Can't believe i got to have you home now for 3 weeks"
"Well you better believe it because i am all yours, and our family ofcourse"
The two of you would go home and pack everything you needed for Christmas at Leah's mum and for your small get away.
You loaded leah's car with your bags and walked back inside the apartment.

Leah was lost in toughts and you wrapped your arms around her from behind "you okay love?"
Leah who turned around smiled at you and kissed you
"There is something i want to do before we go to mum's but im not sure about it"
"What do you want to do? And why are you not sure?"
"Well there is a gift i want to give you, but i am not sure if this is the right time and the right setting"
"Uhmm im confussed but also you know me for so long now, you should know by now that i would love anything you get me and i don't mind where you get it"

Leah walked to her nightstand and took out a small black box she quickly stuffed in her pocket and made her way back to you.
She took both of your hands.

"Y/n it's been 4 years since we met, and so far it has been the best 4 years of my life. You have been with me trough it all. During injuries you have been my rock. During losses you have been my shoulder i could lean on and could cry on. You have been there watching me make history. You always have been my biggest supporter and my best friend. I love you more then i love Arsenal and thats saying something"

You laughed and whiped a tear away that was making its way in your eye.

"You know we always joke around that i haven't put a ring on it. But truth is, if it was up to me i done that the day i met you. You are my everything, you are my one and i can't imagine doing life without you. You are the one i want to grow old with, have kids with. But most importantly i want you to be officially mine and to change your last name"

You gasps when you realized what Leah was going to do.
She kneeled down in front of you and opened the black box that held a simple elegant ring inside

"Y/n y/m/ y/l/n would you do me the honor and let me call you my wife. Will you marry me?"

At this point your tears had fallen and you nodded while saying yes. Leah slid the ring on your finger and got up to kiss you.
"Definitly was not expecting that"
"I could done it in a more romantic setting with candles and music. I actually wanted to do it on the pitch when i just won the euros"
"Well im glad you didn't do that, that was your moment. And as for the romantic part. Babe this was so unexpected, if you had gone out all romantic on me i would of know something was going to happen. This was perfect, you are perfect and i love you so damn much" You hugged Leah and gave her a kiss.

"Lee are you okay with keeping ut to us and your family? Nothing on insta just yet?"
"It's like you read my mind, i wanted to say the same thing to you"
"Great minds think a like babe" you winked at leah and took her hand. "Come on we got a mum waiting for us"
Leah laughed and grabbed her car keys, you locked up the apartment and made your way to Leah's car. Leah held the door open for you and closed it. She made her way to her side and start the car.
You put on the playlist of yours together and Leah set of for a drive to her mums house.