Chapter 31

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Wolves of every rank. Allow me to introduce you to Tiara Turner, the new Luna of the Silver Moon Pack.".......

Silence follows as people stare at me. It's so quiet I swear I could hear a pin drop if one did. My heart races. Then suddenly an outburst of applause and howls erupt in the crowd taking me by surprise.

I can't help but smile at the warm greeting. Immediately I feel my connection with the pack members grow.

Xavier leads me down from the small podium and into the crowd where the crowd splits in two, creating a pathway for us to walk further into the crowd.

Everyone greets me and welcomes me as we walk past. Many shake my hands while others give me hugs or gentle pats on the back. Yet no unmated male wolf get closer to me than Xavier would allow.

As we reach near the end of the crowd the people beggin to scatter and the dj plays his songs. I turn to look at Xavier whos eyes are glisening with pride. "That was fantastic Baby." He tells me. "You really handle a crowd well." He compliments.

"It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be." I admit. He smiles. "I suppose you can say that the worst part is over." He says. I pause. "Why what else is there to do?" I question. Xaviers smile grows. He takes my hand in his and pulls me in closer to him.

"You have to give a speach. Then after that its all easy. Just small things that are traditional among the packs. Im sure you're aware of them anyway. They would have done it for your old Alpha too." He explains as he leads me back to where the podium is.

There a few men, few I recognise as the council members stand ready to greet me and wish me the best of luck with leading the new pack. They explain a few policies and responsibilities such as having to go to meetings every second month or recording any new or dead members of the pack.

Once all the explaining is done, Mark, the man explaining it to me pauses, takes a deep breath and smiles. "You know my dauhters a Luna." He begins talking again. I smile. "Really? Of which pack?" I ask. As much as id rather simply walk away from this blabber mouth I have to remain polite. My packs reputition now lies in my hands.

"Shes Luna of the Rangers." He tells me. Xavier nods and smiles. "Ah yes. Rebecca. How is she? We havent spoken since the last meeting. Did she have the child?" Questions Xavier. I watch him as he talks. My eyes glued to his perfect soft lips.

"Shes great Alpha. Thanks for asking. She had a baby boy back 3 weeks ago. Fine sized child." He laughs then begins to tell us the story of how the boy was born and how they thought they wouldnt make it to the hospital on time.

A story develops into another one then into another. We stand there for 20 minutes listening to Mark talk. My nerves beggin to bug me as his story

extends to another. "Mark im sure thats an incredible story but the Luna has a few more duties to fulfill then she will need to rest. Shes had a long day." He says almost like he read my mind.

Mark nods in agreement. "Youre right Alpha. I wont keep you any longer." With that he bows his head and walks away. Xavier pulls me into him and kisses my forehead. "I thought he'd never shut up." He chckles. I respond with a laugh.

"Why dont we go and have a chat with the pack members?" He suggests. I groan. "Cant we just go back to bed?" I ask incoecntly. Xavier smirks. "As much as id love that I have to show myself to the pack a few times or else they wont even know who I am." He jokes.

Xavier introduces me to pack members first then to wolves from other packs. I can see the difference in their behavior in his presence. Wolves from his pack respect and love him. Kids run around him as he lifts them into the air pretending to be a big bad wolf, then spretends to be injured when they try to attack him.

But members from other packs behave with great repect around him. Too scared to look at him. They simply bow their heads and politely mutter the words. "Hello Alpha. Welcome Luna." I remember about Xaviers reputation. The image of him that other packs have. The undefeatable savage. The Alpha with no mercy.

Those are the things I have heard about Xavier before I met him.But now. Knowing him and being part of his pack I can actually see that to simple wolves like those under his protection, he is kind and gentle.

I understand where he's coming from with the powerful image among his workers or guards yet I still believe that respect is earned not forced. I plan on being more understanding than Xavier. Something like good cop, bad cop.

"Tiara would you like to give your speach now? After that its just supper and a bit of dancing. Then we can go back to bed." Says Xavier. I nod but pause. "Xavier what do I say?" I ask nervously. Xavier smiles. "Just whatever comes to mind. Whatevers appropriate. Youre going to do fine. Youre a Luna at heart, mind and soul." He comforts me.

I nod. Xavier takes my hand and leads me back onto the podium. "May I have your attention please!" He calls and everyone stops talking and turns their attention to him immeidatley. "Luna Tiara would like to say a few words." He says and with that he turns to me and hands me over the mic.

My heart races. Iv'e never spoken before such a crowd before. Heck, I never even raised my hand in class cause speaking before 30 was too hard.

"Uhh hi." I say and smile. Then pause. Everyone looks at eachother awkwardly unsure about what I'm waiting for. I clear my throat. Waiting for a second to gather my thoughts I try again.

"I first would like the say a big thank you for your warm welcome. It was hard to come out to a crowd of so many people especially when one is not use to it." I say.

Good start....

"Some of you may believe that I might not be the best option for the Luna position of such a big pack. Well I am standing here today ready to prove you wrong. I have worked hard my entire life. I have gone through more than I look like and im not planning on stopping my adventures here."

Better...

"Being the Luna of the pack I feel responsible for everyone. Not only for their safety but for their happiness. I can guarantee you that as a Luna I will do everything in my power to protect this amazing pack and keep everyone happy. Because from what I see before me, this pack is full of amazing wolves."

"I am both excited and nervous about what is to come. I cannot tell you what will happen in the future. But I can guarantee you one thing. That I will be by Xaviers side ready to fight, protect and support the Silver Moon Pack."

I stop unsure of what to say next. "Thank you." I say and turn to face Xavier. His handsome face is decorated with a huge smile, stretched from ear to ear. His dimples showing.

I smile as a round of applause erupts behind me. Xaviers eyes scan the crowd, pride and happiness glowing in his eyes. I can feel his pride, his excitement. He feels complete.

That alone makes me want to throw myself at him on the spot and he can sense that because soon his mood changes to aroused and his eyes get a glint of darkness....

___________________________

Vote / Comment / Follow ♥