Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Where are you?" Jordan ask as I walk down the aisle trying to find the pregnancy test for Simone, I decided to just buy the test for her because she's too scared to buy it herself. "Nobody saw you since last night and you're not with Layla."

"I never said I was with Layla." I tell him. "But if you must know, I woke up early to head out to Crenshaw to clear my head."

Jordan goes silent on the other line before asking, "What's out in Crenshaw?"

I pull my phone away from my ear and stare at it, this time it was my turn to go silent on the line before saying, "Uh, my hometown. I need a reason to visit home?"

"No, it's just. . . Why didn't you say anything about you going to Crenshaw to anybody? You could have asked Olivia, me, or Layla to give you a  ride?"

"Since when did I have to ask permission to go home? And I didn't ask for a ride because I wanted to clear my mind and having one of you hovering over my shoulder, that's not what I call clearing your head." Balancing my phone between my ear and shoulder, I grab three pregnancy test then head to the counter — setting the test down along with a chocolate bar I pulled my purse out my bag. "Why are you pressing this so much?"

As I hand the man the money I notice the disgusted look on his face as he bags up my items, I put Jordan on mute as I said, "I think it's your job to ring and bag my things up not to be judging me."

Placing the money on the counter I take Jordan off speaker just as he ask, "So, why won't you tell me where you're at? Are you with somebody?"

"Yes." I take the bag and receipt when the man hands them to me. "Is that what you want to hear? I'm on my way to school, I'll see you soon."

Ending the call I tuck the pregnancy test into my bag as I walk out the store, the last thing I need is for somebody to see me walking around with three pregnancy test. The store is only a short walk from the school, I should make it back in time to give Simone those test and get to class on time but I don't care about being late. I told Simone that she didn't have to worry about buying the test because I would buy them for her, all she have to do is take them.

Walking into the school I could feel the energy shift as I walk down the hallway, like there's multiple eyes on earth — even though I'm use to having eyes on me when I'm on the field but this isn't the same energy I'm getting. It's as if everybody's in hush mode, I mean, I could just be paranoid thinking that everybody is looking and whispering about me, but that's exactly what it feels like.

My phone starts vibrating in my hand, I expected it to be Jordan to be calling me but when I look at my phone I see that It's Rochelle. She's still trying to take that deal to capitalize off my relationship with Jordan, I don't want to do it because I know the second I agree, all the ex-girlfriends he had from Pre-K to now are going to be coming out the woodwork and start some drama.

And we're in a really good place right now and I know the both of us don't want the drama, especially after the drama we went through when we found out about the full history of parents past. Yeah, we're a whole lifetime movie. We had enough drama for the year. Declining the call I tuck away my phone away into my pocket, turning the corner I nearly bump into somebody.

I start to apologize but stop once I see who it is, Rochelle crosses her arms as she looks down at me. "You know it's rude to reject someone call, right?"

"You know constantly calling somebody who keeps rejecting your calls means that they do not want to talk, right?" I question with a smile, but it drops instantly as I walk around her to continue my path to my locker but she follows me. "You told me to think about it then turn around to keep harassing me for an answer."