Chapter 13: Off The Record

Sav's POV

The September wind was blowing very coldly as dark clouds from afar could be seen in our location. Parang uulan nga mamayang hapon, I hope I didn't forget to bring my umbrella. I looked at the building in front of us and then remembered what happened there during the acquaintance party while it was raining.

Valo And I was standing under the weaves of the building, silence would be heard if only it was not raining. The ambiance was quite awkward and cold for us to talk that day. But luckily, I had Thomas' coat wrapped around my shoulder and it looked like Valo was bothered about it because he kept glancing at it.

I held it tightly as the harsh, cold wind passed us by but it didn't stop me from saying that it could hurt him. "Valo, I wanted to tell you that you should not, rather, you must not expect anything from our relationship in the next few days because I only see you as my friend. And what I felt for you back when we were in seventh grade was merely an infatuation."

We were silent for minutes and I had to lift my head just to see his expression; my eyes widened when I saw tears falling down his eyes. He was hurt. Regrets could be seen and he tried to mask it with a smile.

"It looks like... I'm too late," he chuckled lowly but the pain laced in his voice.

I bit my lower lip and looked at him in pity, I wanted to say sorry but that would only rub a salt in his fresh wounds. He wiped his tears using the back of his hand and sniffed.

Oh, bloody hell. I was so guilty that I hurt this precious guy.

Maybe we could try but I don't want to because I might hurt him and it wouldn't be fair on either of us. Relationships should be built on mutual respect and genuine affection, not on feelings of obligation and sympathy. It may be hard for him but there's a lot of people that are deserving of his efforts, affection, and time and I hope he will find someone who can reciprocate his feelings.

Valo nodded and he inserted both of his hands in his slacks' pocket. "I understand, thank you for telling me. I know that it took you a lot of courage to say it to me. Don't worry about me, I'll take my time and move on at my own pace."

"Now," he lifted his head and lent his hand to me. "Shall we go back inside?" and he smiled sweetly.

He's too nice for me. And I hope that a good person will love this guy with all their whole heart.

I stared at the nothingness as I reminisced what happened there, kasalukuyang nasa bench kami sa usual spot namin tuwing lunch time at natapos na kaming kumain pero wala pa kaming plano na bumalik sa room namin.

"Parang may naiba, ah?"

Inangat ko ang aking ulo para tingnan si Aera na nang-uusisa sa akin, dalawang linggo na ang nakalipas nang mangyari ang acquaintance party. Akala ko nga magiging awkward kaming dalawa ni Valo pero mabuti at nagpapansinan pa rin kami sa isa't-isa. Si Matilda naman ay naging open na siya sa akin, sobrang layo niya sa first impression ko sa kanya.

She really is sweet and warm to be around. She is the epitome of a ball of sunshine. She always invites me to her house together with Aera to do girl's bonding such as do make-up to each other, baking or dressing up.

Habang si Thomas naman ay ganoon pa rin yung pakikitungo niya sa akin pero minsan napapatanong ako mga kilos niya, tulad ng kahapon. Hinatid ba naman niya ako sa bahay namin at nagpumilit pa na siya ang magdadala sa bag ko eh ang gaan-gaan lang nun.

Napapadalas na rin ang pag-uusap namin sa chat at maaabutan kami ng madaling araw, nag-a-update siya ng kusa kahit hindi ko naman tinatanong, o 'di kaya tinatanong niya anong ginagawa ko. Naguguluhan na nga ako kung anong ibig sabihin ng mga kilos niya sa akin pero hindi ko na masyado inisip kasi baka ganoon rin siya sa iba.