• Chapter 1 •

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Hi, author here! This is just a little forewarning that this story doesn't have much plot, and isn't written very well, but was made for fun! Updates will be few and far between, it depends on my mood!

I might do small side stories when I don't want to do the main story, but I don't know yet.

If you're okay with that, enjoy!

• • •

Chapter 1; ❛ A picnic? ❜

Frisk hummed, happily leading the small group to their picnic spot. It was in Waterfall, a river no more than two steps from the blanket. Frisk had been planning this for a short while, a gift of appreciation for all their friends (and family) had done for them after falling.

"My child, thank you so much for preparing this!" Toriel thanked when everyone had settled down, beginning to unload the food prepared she'd been carrying in a basket. Frisk waved it off, smiling as they signed "It's the least I could do."

Chara was nearby, closer to Toriel than anyone, though of course the goat monster couldn't have known this. It made Frisk pleased to see that even they looked at peace.

"Tibia honest, I wasn't expecting a picnic on my list of things to do today." Sans jokes, and Toriel snorts, hand coming up to cover her mouth. Papyrus groans, clearly fighting the urge to smile wider. "BROTHER, NOT TODAY, PLEASE?" He asks, over the laughter of Alphys and Undyne. "I'll be tryin a skele-ton bro." Sans winks, Papyrus covering his face to hide his laughter.

Asgore is the loudest, Undyne just barely matching him in volume. Frisk sighs-- this is what they loved. Just relaxing, joking, and having fun. Nothing could break this moment.

A splash nearby causes Frisk to whip around, suddenly alert. They didn't feel any danger, but if a monster couldn't swim and fell in the lake...

"Frisk? What's up, nerd?" Undyne asked, forcing the other to look back and hurriedly sign "I think someone fell in the lake, I'm going to check it out." Following this, Undyne and Papyrus jump up. "WE WILL FOLLOW, HUMAN!"

The rest stay behind, making small talk as the trio wander closer to where Frisk heard the noise. " There was definitely a noise, " Chara reassured, calming Frisk's doubting thoughts. And then, a voice, loud and triumphant. "I got something, I got-" it cuts off, groaning.

"A rock..." Something is dropped, most likely the rock. Undyne's jaw dropped. Within the water stood a human, [H.Colour] hair dripping wet. His clothes had met a similar fate, though his shoes remained on the bank, as did the socks. He was older than Frisk, but only just, and his [E.Colour] eyes looked pathetically at the glowing water in disappointment.

This wasn't just some monster, though-- it was another human. Papyrus spoke first. "FRISK, IS THIS A FRIEND OF YOURS?" The male flinched, spinning around, but smiling when he saw the taller skeleton. Frisk was stunned, slowly shaking their head.

"Oh, hey! Say, you don't happen to have any food you could spare, I'm really hungry." Papyrus shuffled on his feet, uncertain. "WELL, UM... WE DON'T HAVE ANY ON US, BUT OUR FRIENDS MIGHT?" Why Papyrus had seemed uncertain when they literally had a picnic going on less than twenty feet away was beyond Frisk, but nonetheless, they offered their hand to the male in the water.

He clambered out, dragging some water with him, and hurriedly put his socks and shoes on, stomach rumbling. Undyne had only just recovered from the shock, but spoke anyway. "Hey, punk, what's your name?" She asked. The boy didn't waste any time, answering easily. [M.Name], what's yours?"

" How is he so... Calm? " Frisk would flinch, but they were so used to Chara it was near impossible. As if I know, they think, and Chara falls silent. As the trio (now a quartet) moves back to the others, [M.Name] rambles on about something or other.

"And, like, I'm not gonna go dive in bins for food-- that's disgusting! So I tried the lake, but that's barren except for rocks!" This catches Frisks attention. They sign "How long have you been trying that?" And he blinks, thinking. "Um, a few days?"

Never mind how long he's been jumping in the lake, how long has he been here?

"Oh! My child, who is this?" Frisk decides to ask later, and make sure he at least had something in his system.

---

You have to admit, after falling down close to two weeks ago or so, you weren't expecting much. Especially not this, sitting on a blanket and scoffing as much as food as you could, concerned glances thrown your way every now and then.

"So, Child, where have you been living?" A goat woman who introduced herself at Toriel asked, a warm yet sad smile on her face. You swallow the sandwich you had been eating so as not to be rude, saying "Oh, you know, around."

This, clearly, was not the answer she was looking for. "Who do you stay with, I mean." She tries again. You shrug, "The ground? It's like, everywhere--" you go from calm, transitioning seamlessly to comically annoyed, adding "Though I do not recommend using rocks, weeds or anything lik that as a cover and/or pillow. Not comfortable, I experienced it first hand."

Awkward silence, and those sat around looked pained. You shrug, cautiously taking a sip of a drink you were given, beaming at the taste that exploded on your tongue. You giggled, drinking some more, and more, until it was all gone. You pouted, "Aww man! I was enjoying that!"

Asgore, another goat thing, laid a tender hand on yours. "Child, when did you fall?" You blink. "Uh, like two weeks ago?" Then you shake your head, acting disappointed. "Honestly, that dare was not worth it, like how am I gonna get my £20 now?"

You ignore everyone but Frisk, the human who only spoke using their hands and helped you out of the lake, who gave a neutral face. You laughed, "What? I'm broke, it was free money! It wasn't like I planned on jumping down that hole, but y'know, intrusive thoughts and the like."

You glanced past the smaller skeleton, Sans, to a patch of glowing blue flowers. 'Shiny, pretty, wanna go look and get one and give flowers to new best friends' was chanted like a mantra as you suddenly jumped up, tearing off to go look with a shout of "I'll be back!"

You smile, thankful to be away from that heavy atmosphere. What did you say that was so wrong, anyway? Pushing that from your mind, you sit down in front of the first blue flower, hardly breathing. "You're so pretty..." You mutter, tenderly stroking the petals.

" You're so pretty... " Is repeated back in the same wistful tone, and you near collapse out of sheer joy.