Last day

Y/n pov

The week had passed by and before I knew it, it was our last full day before returning to Encanto.

"Alright, what do you guys want to do?" I asked them.

"Well," Mirabel said, quickly giving Camilo a glance, "I heard that there's a new movie coming up and that it's really good. I really enjoyed the movie theaters and thought it would be nice to go again."

No, then Camilo wouldn't be able to come. On the 5th day me and my friends went out to eat at our favorite restaurant that we had pushed back and gone to see a live musical show after, Abuela took Mira to meet her old friends. Camilo had ended up staying home by himself again for most of the day. On the 6th day I had gone to the mall with Mira and watched a movie, while Camilo decided not to come due to some shifting problems. I already feel guilty about not being able to do stuff with him, no way I was letting it happen today.

"Nope, we need to do something that all 3 of us can do. I know Camilo is annoying, but we still have to hang out with him."

"Thanks, but you know I wouldn't mind, right? I mean I don't even have anything I really want to do anyway like Mirabel does. So the 2 of you can just go together."

There he goes again. If he isn't supporting all the plans that leave him behind, he's justifying them. I have decided upon 3 reasons why he might be doing this.

1. He's either bored or homesick and doesn't want to go out.
2. He's scared of being caught shifting.
3. He's trying to help set me and Mira up.

I think it's either 2 or 3, but mainly 3.

"Camilo, is this a shifting problem?"

"No, I have it under control now." He said looking away, embarrassed, his smile dropping. It's been doing that more lately. I want to bring it back. He hasn't been joking as much either.

"Then we're doing something with you. If you're not going to go, there's no point in going at all. Now, are you sure there's nothing you want to do?"

He just stared at me, before averting his eyes with a soft smile on his face.

"Um, well I guess I'd like to go out and eat. It'd be nice."

"Great, anything else you guys want to do?"

"Um, George and Maria mentioned a game place where we can go and play games." Mirabel said.

"Great, how about this," I said a plan forming in my head, "We can go eat breakfast at a cafe, go out to some shops afterwards, eat lunch at home because my mom wants us all together for lunch, go to an arcade place with bowling til dinner and we'll go out and eat dinner."

"Sounds good!" They responded together.

"Alright, so there's a good French cafe I know." I said as I grabbed the keys.

"Wait, you'll be driving?" Camilo asked.

"Yup, belive it or not, but I can drive. I usally don't, because road rage. And as you know when I rage, I burst up."

"Then...SHOTGUN!" Camilo screamed as he ran towards the front seat.

I should have seen that coming. Of course he would do that after I explained him how to call dibs on the front car seat.

"Wait, CAMILO!" Mirabel yelled running after him.

I watched as she whispered something to him.

"What are you guys whispering about?" I asked as I reached them.

"Nothing, Mira just wants the front seat. And because I'm such an amazing cousin, I suppose I'll let her."

"Right." I said. He still sounded disappointed, like all those times he said it was okay for Mirabel and me to leave him behind.