Dinner

Y/n pov

Me and Camilo went downstairs. I saw 5 other people I hadn't seen before.

"Hello, I'm Dolores." A girl whispered. If I remember correctly, Mirabel said she had super hearing. "This is my fiance, Mariano." she said introducing me to this big guy near her.

"It's nice to meet you two, I'm Y/n."

"The guy in the green ruana is my tio Bruno. And those two over there," Camilo said pointing to two people who were laughing with my Abuela, "are my parents."

We sat down, my seat in-between Camilo and Mirabel. (For the sake of the story, let's go with this.)

"Everyone, I would like for you to meet Laura and y/n, they'll be staying with us for a while. Laura is a great friend of mine back in my old village." Alma said. Everyone smiled at us and we went to eat.

I took a bite of the food and it was definitely the best thing that's ever been in my mouth.

"Camilo, this is the best thing I've ever eaten." I said looking at him dead in the eyes. "You and Dolores are amazing."

He smiled and gave a little laugh, "Thank you, but trust me when I say my tia's cooking is so much better. She's the best there is!"

"So, more good food. I love it here."

"Yup. What do you usually eat anyway?"

"Pizza. Tacos. Borritos. Hamburgers. More pizza." I said.

"Sounds good. Not as good as tia's food tho."

"If it's better than the food I'm eating now, definitely not as good as Julieta's food."

"Camilo did most of the cooking. Like for the ajiaco I did the cutting and the rice, but Camilo was the one who mainly did the cooking and seasoning. He also made the empanadas and he even made cocadas for later. Though I did help with the tamales half-half. " Dolores said.

I looked over at Camilo in amazement.

"Fine. You've found out. I am completely amazing and awesome." he said smiling.

I smiled back at him. He seems really fun, I think I'll like spending time with him.

"So, y/n." Mirabel said. I looked over to her. "How's unpacking going?"

"Oh, well, me and Camilo have already started, so I guess it's going good, I'm not too worried about it though."

"Good luck rooming with Camilo."

"Thanks." I said confused, "Is there something about Camilo I should know? You made it sound bad."

"Oh, it's just that his room shifts a lot while he's sleeping. Once I decided to sleep in his room. I woke up because the bed had vanished while I was sleeping and when I went to leave there was a ravine in between me and the door. I had to wake him up to leave."

"Oh, hopefully that doesn't happen." I said looking towards Camilo.

"What are you two talking about?" Julieta asked me and Mirabel.

"I'm telling y/n about that time that I slept in Camilo's room." Mirabel answered.

"Oh, I completely forgot about that. Do you think there'd be a better place for him to sleep?" Alma asked Julieta.

"I'm pretty sure it'll be fine." Camilo said, "Please! I really want to room with him!"

"I'm sure it'll be fine." I said smiling at Camilo. He wanted to room with me, so I guess that makes us friends.

"Alright. But if you don't like it, just tell us. Camilo's room can be a bit much." Alma said. I nodded and Camilo smiled at me. I really hoped the room thing works out.

Once everyone dropped the topic and began talking about other stuff, I whispered in Camilo's ear, "Is your room really that bad?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, I'm sleeping. It changes based on what I'm feeling or thinking. So when I'm dreaming, I don't have much control over it. And the mirrors tend to overwhelm people a bit. But Dolores likes my room. Sometimes I'd make the room soundproof for her then leave. That way things can be silent for her when she needs a break. But I am awake at that time so it stays that way."

"Does your bed ever disappear from under you?"

"Nope. I actually can't change my bed. I can't make it disappear, bigger, or make it look different. It's just something there. Came as apart of the original room."

"That's cool. Got any cool stories of your room changing?"

"Well one time, I had a nightmare then I woke up and when I left my bed I was in the same place as the nightmare. Couldn't find my door. Took me 5 hours to get out."

"Wow. Are all the rooms like that?"

"Nope." Mirabel said, joining into the conversation. "Camilo's room is the scariest when not controlled otherwise it's perfectly great. Tio Bruno's room is a giantic cave. You have to climb up so many stairs and is filled with sand. I personally don't like going to it. My room isn't magical, I mean it kinda is because it's apart of Caista so the floors and room all move. Fun fact, Casita can't control the other rooms. Anyway, Mama's room is a small, kitchen like room with a little garden in the back with fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Tia Pepa's room has stairs leading up to the big cloud platform. It's big enough for all of her storms and feelings to pass by safely. Isabela's room is a whole jungle, it used to just be flowers, but now you can find almost any plant there. Dolore's room is a big wooden platform with lots of instruments. It's a really nice room to play instruments in. Luisa's room has a bunch of different terrains for her to train on. And Antonio has a jungle with lots of animals in his room."

"That sounds amazing. I should definitely see if I can visit them sometime."

"It should be fine if you ask. Tomorrow I can show you my room." Dolores said.

"Yeah, I can give you the grand tour tomorrow." Mirabel said.

"Oh! That would be so exciting! You'll love the Casita! We can even show you the town!" Camilo said.

"Well, looks like I now have plans for tomorrow. I can't wait." I said. They really have a way of making you feel like you belong.