Night

Y/n pov

Me and Camilo went back to his room after dessert(which tasted amazing).

"Alright." I said as we sat on his bed. I brought my phone out. "Camilo, I can trust you, right?"

"Of course." he said looking slightly confused.

"And I'd consider you a friend now."

He beamed at this. "Of course we're friends!"

"And you would never judge my music taste?"

"If I have anything judgmental to say, I don't."

"Good." I paused before starting my music, "Could you make this room soundproof?"

He nodded. "There now the room's soundproof. I know you can't see it, but I've done this more than enough times to be sure" he added when he saw my confused look.

I took a deep breath, and put my playlist on shuffle.

"Just so you know, me putting my music on shuffle is a big deal, so you should be honored I'm doing this for you." I said.

"I do certainly feel honored, oh great y/n." he said laughing as the music played.

'Careful as I write her name
On the corner of the page
Make it look like it was her all along'

"Annabelle's Homework by Alec Benjamin." I said, "One of my favorite artists."

"I can see why, this is good."

"Yeah, all of his songs are good. I'm glad you like my music because if you didn't we'd have a problem." I said seriously.

She doesn't notice me
She just smiles and says 'thank you for the geography." cause it's all it meant to her
But I spent 22 days and 21 nights crossing every t just making it right
Only to discover it's not worth
Doing Annabelle's Homework

" What other artists do you listen to?" Camilo asked.

"Let's see, Nico Collins is a great artist. Lady Gaga, everyone already knows because she's that awsomd. There's a bunch that aren't coming to my mind right now, but I love lots of artists."

We began talking about ourselves and asking each other about our lives. We talked through 'Nothing Ever Changes', 'Roaring 20's', 'I Talk to The Sky', and 'Record Player'. I learned about how in Encanto they made a village off of helping others, he'd never been to a school, and he loved shape shifting. Through our conversation he kept shifting back and forth into so many people.

"Alright, I knew that money was important and all outside, but you mean to tell me that if you don't have some you can't get food or a house?" Camilo asked confused.

"Yeah. It's pretty sad." I told him.

"No kidding. So, I think we can agree that Encanto is better than out there."

"From the little I've seen and what you've told me, I'd agree with you. Though I still love the shows and music that we have outside."

"Why didn't the rest of your family come?"

"Well," I said taking a moment to think, "We're used to our lives. Changing it completely is hard. I came because I wanted to be able to use my powers. It's so hard trying to keep it a secret. If I got too angry or excited I might just get on fire. My sister doesn't have a gift so, she didn't have to deal with that, and while my father has a power, he can easily keep it under control. They didn't see a reason to leave."

"Was it hard to leave friends?"

"I didn't really have close friends. I mean I had some friends, but none that were close, close."

"What? No way! You're like the coolest person on the planet!" Camilo said.

"I know. But, I tried not getting close with others. I didn't want them to find out. And I was scared. There were many opportunities, but I did my best to avoid them. But, I mean now, that I don't have to hide, I'm changing that." I said.

He smiled at me, "Well, I don't think you'll find troubles like that here. We're happy to have you."

I smiled at him and we went to bed. I looked up at ceiling, I could get used to this. The room was silent and I could hear Camilo's light breathing. I turned to look at him. He had already fallen asleep. I gave a soft chuckle, I really want to get closer to him. And with that I fell asleep.

I woke up to me falling. My bed had disappeared, scratch that, it's on the wall.

"Huh?" Camilo said, sitting up from his bed. He had probably woken up from the sound of me falling.

"Ouch." I said, annoyed. I don't like this room.

"Oh, I'm so sorry y/n! I forgot about that. I'm so sorry!"Camilo said.

I sighed. "It's okay. Do you think there's a place to sleep that won't disappear?"

"You can sleep on my bed." he said.

"Wow. Camilo. First night here and you're already trying to sleep with me." I joked.

"Hey, you're the one that moved into my room before I had met you." he laughed.

"And we were roommates." I said.

"Oh my god. We were roommates."

We laughed as I laid down next to him on the bed.

"Good night y/n."

"Good night Camilo."