Mirror Master (Scudder)

Start from the beginning

With Cold gone and Scudder's powers in a flux, the Rogues wind up in Gotham. They are captured by Poison Ivy who uses her toxins to infect Trickster with some sort of Poison. It turns out that Poison Ivy wanted Mirror Master to use his powers to help move the moon to give her plants more sunlight; however, they are interrupted by Mister Freeze, Clayface, and some Man-Bats before that happens.

After fighting and escaping the Gotham Rogues (at the loss of Heatwave) the group run into the Royal Flush Gang. Mirror Master uses his gun to open a portal to the Mirror World on the front of a Semi-Truck and proceeds to run over their attackers; sending them to the Mirror World. He is stopped; however, when Johnny Quick and Atomica join the fight.

In the last chapter of Rogues Rebellion the Rouges must fight a large portion of the DCU villains including Gorilla Grodd, Parasite, and much much more. With the help of Golden Glider and Weather Wizard the Rogues are able to turn intangible and Weather Wizard pushes their foes into a large mirror created by Mirror Master, thus sending them to the Mirror World and eliminating them from the fight.

Once finished the Rogues meet with the Pied Piper and several Gotham cops who thank them for saving the city.

Powers & Abilities

Pre-52

Samuel Scudder is the original Mirror Master, and created all of the gadgets and trick mirrors used by Evan McCullough.

He had the goal to get inside the reflection of a mirror, and after finding a mysterious metal that had dimension accessing properties he was able to achieve his goal. Scudder then created a variety of mirrors and started to experiment with the endless worlds that were held behind them. He is able to effortlessly move through reflections and trap people inside glass, his costume even enabled him to hypnotize his foes.

When Scudder was killed during Crisis on Infinite Earths his equipment was taken by the U.S Government and given to Evan McCullough, the second Mirror Master.

New 52

In the New 52 it is assumed that Scudder was the creator of his weaponry, and after an accident with a Genome Re-coder he was merged with his gun. Scudder was incredibly unlucky and became trapped inside the Mirror World with no hope of escaping, unable to leave he began to serve as the Rogues 'transport'.

Scudder was pulled free from his prison by Golden Glider during 'Forever Evil' and since then he's been able to walk throughout the real world among the rest of the Rogues. His powers remain the same.

Other Media

SuperFriends

Mirror Master in Superfriends
Mirror Master made his first animated appearance, as Sam Scudder, in Super Friends: The Legendary Super Power Show. He battles Superman, Batman, Robin (Dick Grayson), Firestorm and Samurai and is defeated.

Justice League Unlimited

Mirror Master in JLU
Mirror Master made a cameo appearance in an episode of Justice League played by an actor for a commercial that the Flash was in. He actually appeared in the JLU episode "Flash and Substance", where he teamed-up with Captain Cold, Trickster (James Jesse) and Captain Boomerang against Flash. He seems to be based on the Sam Scudder version with Evan McCulloch's mastery of the mirror dimension, he was voiced by Joss Whedon alumni Alexis Denisoff.

The Batman

Mirror Master and his assistant in The Batman
Mirror Master briefly appeared during "The Batman", as Sam Scudder in an episode near the end of the series that guest starred both him and The Flash. This version is called Dr. Samuel Scudder and is a long-time enemy of the Flash. He had sidekick in this version. He was voiced once again by Alexis Denisoff.

Justice League: Doom

Sam Scudder appears as Mirror Master in the DC Comics Animated film Justice League: Doom, which is loosely based on the JLA: Tower of Babel storyline. Scudder is voiced Alexis Denisof. In the film, Mirror Master is contacted by Vandal Savage and becomes a member of the Legion of Doom. Vandal Savage provides each member with a lethal form of Batman's contingency plans for the members of the JLA. Scudder later enacts his plan on the Flash, nearly killing him. Later, Mirror Master is offered by Savage to join the Legion of Doom full time and is promised partial rule over the planet once Savage takes over, which he happily accepts. Savage's plan is eventually foiled and Mirror Master is defeated by the Flash.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Mirror Master made an appearance alongside fellow Rogues Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Heat Wave and Top as they robbed the Flash museum.

The Flash (1990)

The Flash (1990)
He made an appearance on the live action Flash TV series (1990) played by David Cassidy. Here he was just called Sam Scudder and just used holograms to commit crimes. He refers to himself as a "Mirror Master".