Mirror Master (Scudder)

Character History

Origin

The first Mirror Master, Sam Scudder, used his mirror technology against the Flash, Barry Allen, mainly in the pursuit of small-time robbery. His first weapons were simple illusion-casting devices, but as he refined the technology, he found ways to travel from one mirror to another, trap people inside mirrors, and turn people into living glass. By the end, any reflective surface - a window, a polished piece of metal, even a simple puddle - could be a weapon. Scudder was co-founder of the Rogues with Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Pied Piper, Top and Captain Boomerang.

Crisis on Infinite Earths

Sam Scudder was one of the villains who was assigned to stop Krona during Crisis on Infinite Earths, he worked alongside Icicle and Maaldor. The group ended up finding Krona's lab and were about to destroy his computer to prevent him from helping the Anti-Monitor, however they began to argue among themselves about who would be the one of actually destroy it. During the scuffle it was discovered that Krona had set a trap and an explosion resulted in the deaths of the three villains, which then allowed Krona to succeed.

Blackest Night

Samuel Scudder was reanimated during the events of Blackest Night as a member of the Black Lantern Corps. When the living Rogues (Captain Cold, Heatwave, Trickster, Weather Wizard, and Mirror Master) traveled to Iron Heights prison he was among the team of dead Rogues that attacked them. During the brawl Scudder addressed the new Mirror Master, Evan McCullough, and called him the foreigner who swiped his gear, then asking who was the reflection and who was the real thing. McCullough quickly shattered the mirror that Scudder was hiding in, however he then reappeared in a wall of ice made by Captain Cold. He then began taunting Captain Cold about his leadership skills before appearing alongside Golden Glider, James Jesse the original Trickster, Top, Digger Harkness the original Captain Boomerang, and Rainbow Raider. Scudder continued to focus on attacking McCullough and eventually bulled him through a puddle into the Mirror World. Captain Cold eventually saved McCullough from the Mirror World, Scudder stopped attacking the Rogues after he and the other dead Rogues noticed the cell of Eobard Thawne. Scudder was then frozen inside the prison after Captain Cold used his Cold Grenade.

New 52
Sam Scudder came back as the Mirror Master in the New 52. He has a relationship with Lisa Snart, also known as the Golden Glider, who is the sister of Captain Cold. After an accident with a Genome Recoder that merged the Rogues with their weapons he was locked into the Mirror World with no possible way to escape, though he still stayed in a relationship with Glider.

Scudder was used as the groups means of transport, even though he couldn't leave the Mirror World himself he was still able to open up doors for his fellow Rogues, this enabled them to quickly move between locations and perform quick getaways.

Gorilla Warfare

During the Gorilla Warfare event in which Grodd attacked the Gem Cities Mirror Master used his abilities to help keep the Rogues safe. The Rogues then designed a scheme where they 'saved' the citizens of the Gem Cities by storing them in the Mirror World, though when inside the Rogues robbed them of their belongings.

Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion

Currently in the 'Forever Evil' & 'Rogue's Rebellion' story line Mirror Master has been freed from the Mirror World. Golden Glider was able to use her abilities to pull Scudder out from his prison, however doing so put Glider into a coma. Captain Cold became furious at this and went out to rob a bank by himself while drunk. After receiving the Crime Syndicate's coin the Rouges went to Happy Harbor to hear about the death of the Justice League, later the Rouges are told Central City is free for the taking and when the Rouges get to Central City they are discussed and outraged at what Grodd did to the city, in fear the Rouges when to the hospital where the love of Scudder's life, Glider. Later the Rouges are confronted by Deathstorm and Power-Ring and Scudder and the rest of the Rouges power went crazy and when they tried to escape in the mirror world, Power-Ring cracked the mirror and Captain Cold was separated. Scudder and the rest of the Rogues went to go bring Cold back and had a run in with Deathstorm and Power-Ring of the Earth 3 Crime Syndicate. Scudder and the rest of the Rogues became separated from Captain Cold during this encounter, Scudder then took it upon himself to act as the 'leader' of the Rogues until Cold is found once more.