Batman

Current Events

Since being rebooted into the "New 52," Batman has more exposure than ever before. He is presently starring in six titles, as follows Someone said:

Batman - Batman's origin and early years in the New 52 is told in the story called Zero Year. Currently, Batman is attacked by members of the Justice League, forcing him to activate his contingency plan "Fenrir" to fight off his former team-mates who are apparently under the control of the returning Joker.
Detective Comics - Batman has been tracking down a new drug called Icarus which has claimed the life of a friend of his. Now Batman is attempting to stop an apparent terrorist attack on an airport.
Batman and Robin - The deceased Damian Wayne's body has been taken by Goodfrey from Apokolips in order to wield the power of a crystal shard that is said in the story to be a able to bring back the dead. Knowing this, Batman plans to go to Apokolips, against the Justice League's wishes, and bring back his son alive, using an armor called the HellBat.
Justice League - After the events of the story called Forever Evil, Lex Luthor is not only seen as a hero but he also knows Batman's secret identity. After much hesitation, Batman convinced his allies to recruit Lex Luthor into the Justice League to keep a close eye on him. At the same time, the entity within the Power Ring is on the loose, and despite being stopped by Batman, still warns of the coming of something that may destroy the world.
Batman/Superman - Focuses on the teaming up between Batman and Superman in the New 52.
Batman Etenal: Jim Gordon is framed with murder and is imprisoned in Blackgate, and as a result a gang war has erupted and many changes have shaken Gotham, including the declaration of martial law, all in an attempt to destroy everything Batman holds dear. Batman has discovered that the man behind these machination is none other than his old friend Tommy Eliot now known as Hush.
Batman has also been featured prominently in a story arc in I, Vampire and shows up periodically in Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batwing, and Catwoman. He was featured in the 34 issue Batman: The Dark Knight before its cancellation.

Origin

Young Bruce grieving over his parents' bodies
A wealthy philanthropist, Thomas Wayne, his wife, Martha, and their 8 year-old son, Bruce Wayne, were coming out of a movie theater at 10:47 p.m. As they stepped onto Park Row (now called Crime Alley), a thug named Joe Chill armed with a gun approached them from the shadows to steal the pearl necklace Martha was wearing. Thomas, moving in to protect his wife, was shot by Chill, causing Martha to scream. Chill then shot her, while shouting, "this'll shut you up!". Bruce, traumatized by the deaths of his parents, would never be the same. Afterward, Bruce was raised by his wise and loyal butler, Alfred Pennyworth, and inherited his family's vast fortune as well as his father's company, Wayne Enterprises. Standing at his parents' gravestones, Bruce made a solemn oath to avenge their deaths.

Despite fiscal security, happiness eluded Bruce. Young Bruce was comforted by Dr. Leslie Thompkins, who helped him to mourn his parents and find a purpose in life. At age fourteen, Bruce started a twelve year walkabout around the world seeking experts in many fields, training himself mentally and physically. From an academic standpoint, he studied at Cambridge in England, the Sorbonne in France, and other famous European universities. A Frenchman named Henri Ducard taught him man-hunting, a ninja named Kirigi taught him stealth, an African bushman trained him in the art of the hunt, and Nepalese monks taught him healing.

Bruce returned to Gotham City, where he became a vigilante. But despite all his honed skills, he knew something was missing. Bruce believed criminals to be a "superstitious and cowardly lot," and in order to rid Gotham of evil, he needed to reinvent himself to become a terrifying symbol that would strike fear into the hearts of criminals. While in his father's study, a large bat crashed through the window. Bruce saw this as an omen and recalled his fear of bats as a child. This would be his symbol; the Bat would strike terror into the Gotham underworld. Using his vast wealth, Bruce designed a costume and state of the art equipment, thus beginning a difficult double life: by day, he would be the billionaire playboy and businessman, Bruce Wayne, and by night, he was The Batman.