The performances.

Start from the beginning

"Aww!" Kayla and Maxine said as they came over and saw the scene.

I feel my face heat a little.

I never enjoyed being the center of attention, and I like even less how annoying my friends are sometimes.

"Shush! She's asleep." I hiss before turning to Jocelyn, who had been watching everything with mild interest.

"Jocelyn?" I ask.

She looks at me.

"Can you teleport Mara and I to our dorm? I don't wanna wake her."

Jocelyn shrugs. "Sure." She says and then waves her hand.

~In Mara and Elise's dorm, third person~

Jocelyn teleported the two so they were both on Elise's bed in their dorm.

Mara was still leaning on Elise so Elsie decided not to move, for fear of waking the girl.

•••

When Mara woke up, she definitely felt better than she had before.

Elise was still asleep, even though they had been asleep for quite some time.

"El? Wake up. We still have to figure out our songs."

Elise mumbled something Mara couldn't hear and opened one eye.

"Elise, you need to wake up." Mara tried again.

"Sorry." Elise said, sitting.

Mara smiled. "It's fine. I'mma guess that I fell asleep?

Elise was only half awake so she could only say a few things, but she said a soft, yeah, before getting out of her bed and realizing it was the next day.

"Oh!" Elise said, frowning.

Mara stood up and walked over to the clock.

"Oof." Mara says. "We were asleep for half of yesterday and all of last night!"

"Well," Elise says eying Mara. "We probably both needed it."

Mara coughed, obviously knowing what Elise meant.

"Did you think that covering it with makeup is gonna help anything? Elise says, narrowing her eyes at Mara.

"No, but-" Mara starts.

"But nothing! You can't go days without sleeping!" Elise looks at Mara, her eyes sad.

Mara looks away saying nothing.

Elise sighs. "Just please promise me you won't stay up so late that you're not getting any sleep? And if you need more sleep, you need to tell someone!"

Mara finally looks Elise in the eye and smiles. "Promise." She says.

Elise smiles too. She hugs Mara and then grabs her hand. "Come on! If we want to get any patty cakes, we have to get there before Ollie does!" Elise pulls Mara out the door.

~the cafeteria~

"Why weren't you and Mara in the last couple of classes yesterday?" Jax asks Elise.

Elise shrugs. "Mara was tired, so we went to our dorm and I fell asleep, too."

Jax nods, understanding.

Mara comes over with two plates of food and gives one to Elise.

"Thanks!" Elise says smiling.

Mara smiles and nods.

After Elise finished her food, she went out onto the balcony to write her song.