05

It is narrated on the authority of the Mother of the Believers, Umm 'Abdullah 'Aishah, radiyallahu 'anha, that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Whosoever introduces into this affair of ours (i.e. into Islam) something that does not belong to it, it is to be rejected."

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

According to the version in Muslim, (it reads): "Whosoever works a work which has for it no command of ours is to be rejected."

•••

Aysha looks at Hadiza suspiciously, they just collected their clothes and are supposed to be on their way back home before deciding to stop by for a milkshake. Hadiza has been on her phone since they placed their order and with how flustered she looks Aysha has a clear idea of who she is talking to.

"I thought you said you were going to stop talking to him?" She asks her.

"Who?" She answers with a question looking guilty as she tries not to meet her eyes with hers. "Oh! Jafar? I have" she says fidgeting her fingers.

Aysha gives her a look that clearly says she's not buying the lie, "you've not".

"Ok so maybe I haven't but Allah you won't understand it's not as easy as it sounds" she says, now sounding sad.

The barista is already done with their order so she quickly grabs them with one hand while using the other to drag Hadiza away.

She led them to the car, they were in silence for a while both of them lost in their thoughts when Aysha broke it with a loud sigh.

"You of all people should know that I do understand how hard it is. But you should also know that there's nothing we can do, unfortunately this is our life. I know how you hate it, I mean we all do, and it truly sucks to be us. We all have to obey our parents and in respect they've to obey theirs and it's a little bit messy but that's our life and all we can do is pray for the best"  she says placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"But why are they doing this to us? It's not fair Allah. shi kenan we don't have the right to fall in love and marry the one our hearts wishes for?" She says and her voice cracks as she wipes a stray tear.

'There is no need for dating when you know Hajiya Iya will be the one to find a husband for you' their parents will say every time a discussion regarding marriage comes up. Oh! How she so much hates that line. After all her parents too have said that to her, countless time. 'But what if I fall in love' she will ask. The answer was always 'don't let yourself'.

But, it seems that they have forgotten that love is not by choice. A person will never know when he/she will fall in love. It happens at the most unexpected time. As Maya Angelou once said, love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.

"Why are we even spoiling our mood talking about this? Let's just enjoy this wedding for now, in Sha Allah, Allah will see us through" Aysha says trying to cheer her up as they drive away. She connects her phone to the car Bluetooth and plays a particularly loud song to up the mood, if there's anything that makes Hadiza happy it's music like that.

They both start singing along while the car gains speed that when she sees the pothole on the road she couldn't maneuver the car fast enough and the high speed causes them to gallop and lose control of the wheel, almost driving them into the ditch by the road side before coming to a complete stop.

The were both breathing hard and in shock that it takes them minutes to get their bearing before they quickly remove their seat belts and get out of the car.

"Oh my God!" They both exclaim after coming out, a little crowd had gathered around the car everyone asking if they are alright. The car didn't hit anything so it barely has any scratch and some guys standing around lead them to a bench they could sit on before they decide on what to do. Although the car is alright the both of them are to shaken to drive so one of the guys drives the car for them to the little parking lot up ahead and returns to them back with the key. They decide to get an Uber back home and then have someone come back to drive the car back home.

"Just take the car key to them so they'll get the car back then we'll meet upstairs" Aysha tries to excuse herself not to go to the boy's quarters because she knows Fahad will be there. Hadiza gives her a look before ignoring what she said and dragging her with her to the boy's quarters.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depends on how you look at it, Abdulrahim opens the door. She didn't even wait for him to talk she quickly hands him the car keys and shoots out a quick explanation before dragging Hadiza and hightailing away.

There were lots of guys outside around the compound coming back from the mosque because the wedding has already been solemnized, which means lots of dashing guys and kaftan, yum!

In her hurry to leave while also looking at the guys there she runs into one of them and while he tries to steady her, her attention shifts to the guy beside who is none other than Fahad  and he shoots her a smirk which she rolls her eyes at before hurrying off.
They quickly get to the main house eager to meet Hafsat as they had called when they were on their way and they were told that the wedding is already solemnized.

"Where is the newest amarya in town" they scream, rushing into the room to find her on the loveseat surrounded by some of her friends and some other people who came to offer their congratulations. One of her friend is adjusting the large white veil wrapped around her, she looks so beautiful in a pure white.

"Congratulationsssss" they both say, hugging the life out of her as she giggles.

"Thanks guys"

Most of the guests have gone out of the room and only her friends remain, they all sit around her conversing as time fly, until one of their Aunty, aunty Zuwaira barges in.

"This children! you are not ready? Do you know the groom's people will be here any minute from now to take away their bride?!" She exclaims loudly, you'll think she just found out the most shocking news of the century. Dramatic much. apparently so much time has passed while they were gisting.
They all scamper away to their rooms to get ready, Aysha and Hadiza going to Aysha's own. They wear their anko which is a blue peplum styled atampa, both of them deciding not to put on heavy makeup, just some eyeliner, a nude lipstick and a dab of powder.

They go to Hafsat's room and she is sitting on the vanity stool as her head-tie is been adjusted. The room is silent as Hafsat is on the brink of tearing up.

Aunty Zuwaira comes in relatively calmer "They are here" she says less loudly. They take Hafsat out of the room, the veil covering her whole face.

•••

Salam,

How do you like this chapter?

Show your support by

Voting,

Commenting,

Sharing.

Its really appreciated.

ShattuWrites🤍