𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

Start from the beginning

_"You said it was fine that I did that!"

_"It was, but a bit of help would've been greatly appreciated, don't you think?"

_"Well, you should've said that then."

_"Sorry, love, I was busy getting my ass kicked."

_"And your about to get it kicked again, darling, if you don't-"

_"Can you have a relationship crisis later? What is it that you found, Y/n?"-Allison interrupted our little argument, and I glared one last time at Five, before turning to her.

_"I'm dead in this timeline. Like, not me, me, but their Y/n."

_"You're like...their Ben. Our version of Ben. This is some crazy paradox thing, isn't it?"-Klaus spoke. He seemed to already have discovered what was happening, I just don't know how.

_"How are you not surprised by this? Also, did Dad tell you why he was calling them his kids?"-Diego questioned Klaus. From what I understood, Klaus, at some point during the mess, encountered Reginald again and spoke to him.

_"He sure did! You ready? Dad was so repulsed by us back in Texas, that he adopted an entirely different group of children just so that he didn't have to raise us."

_"Well, that's just peak Dad."

_"Isn't it?"

_"'Entirely' wouldn't be the best term, since he did adopt Y/n again."-Five added, and for some reason I was starting to feel a bit bad about that.

_"So he didn't want us, but he wanted Y/n?"-Luther chimed in. He seemed offended, looking at me accusingly, but how was any of that my fault?

_"Don't say it like that, it's not like he did it because I'm his favorite kid or something."-I answered, certain. I already had an idea of why he did it, but I...couldn't really say it yet.

_"That seems like a reasonable assumption, actually."

_"I think you're all missing the big picture here. If Dad didn't adopt us as kids, he changed the timeline. So who knows what else is different now."-Five, thankfully, changed the subject once again. Now I wasn't being attacked for existing anymore. Nice.

_"Shouldn't you know?"-Allison said, with venom in her tone.

_"Sorry, Allison, but it might take me more than 20 minutes and a traumatic brain injury to figure this all out. Is that okay with you?"-Five answered with the same amount of sarcasm, as he would.

_"No, actually, it's not."

_"Guys, look, it's fine. We still have the Commission's briefcase, so worst case, we can just go back in time and fix it."-Vanya tried to be the peace bringer again, and it would work, if that plan was still possible, which we already know it isn't, and I wasn't going to be the one to break the news about that.

_"Great!"

_"Okay. There are two problems with that statement. First off-"-Five stood up, deciding to speak once and for all.

_"Here we go."

_"Time travel is a complicated thing, people."

_"Yeah, we get it. Your job is so hard. Just...what?"

_"And secondly...I no longer have the briefcase."-The boy finally said, and I could see the expressions of my siblings slowly drop even more.

_"Five...Where the hell is the briefcase?"-Allison also stood up, with a serious expression. This time, I decided to help the boy out.

_"Those guys probably took it while we weren't looking. Maybe they thought having the briefcase would be an advantage on us."

_"And if that's the case, they were correct."-Five offered me his hand so I could stand up as well. Before taking it, I glared at him slightly, reminding myself of the tiny discussion we had, but stood up anyways.

_"Are you actually mad at me?"-The boy whispered in my ear after he pulled me up, and I scoffed at the question.

_"Mad is too strong of a word. You're fine, but I want an apology for being rude."

_"I'm always rude, it's my persona, part of my character."

_"Your persona is about to make you single."-I was exaggerating. Purposefully.

_"I apologize."

_"Guys...There's some parents staring at us and I think they're about to call the cops."-Klaus pointed out, making us look around and realize that, yes, we did look quite suspicious, and other people in the park were starting to realize that. We had to move.

_"Let's just...Walk around until we figure something out."-Diego said, while Allison was helping Luther as he was still feeling a bit weird, and we all agreed.

Soon, we were walking around again, with nowhere to go, nothing to do, for the first time in very long. Didn't feel as great as I was hoping.

A/N

Hi everyone <3

Just wanted to say that this chapter might feel a bit rushed, I've been a bit busy with Christmas stuff, buying gifts and planning dinners and all, but I hope it's still to your liking!

I'll also just let everyone know in advance, that this fanfic and "Bloody Mask" won't have any actual "smut" scenes, as I don't feel comfy writing that about Five, specifically. However, I am planning on doing a Chamber/Valorant small fic, because my best friend asked me to lol. If any of you are part of that fandom, let me know!

That's all for today! Love yall <3