06 | Stage 1: Denial

Start from the beginning

I went downstairs to see Alhaitham with my younger cousin who's a toddler, they seemed to be enjoying his company. He was carrying her as she giggled with joy. My aunt was there beside him too, she probably was the one who opened the door for him.

They noticed my presence as I walked towards them. Alhaitham was wearing a black polo shirt with black trousers.

"So it's you Alhaitham is here for? I thought it was Kaveh" My aunt laughs, and I can see a smirk forming on her lips.

"Kaveh is occupied today," Alhaitham said as my cousin grab a hold of his hair, making me laugh at the sight. My aunt gasped at the sight instead.

"Oh my, dear, don't do that!" She exclaimed before reaching out for her daughter.

"It's alright, it's normal for kids," Alhaitham assured my aunt. Alhaitham was good with kids, while I wasn't. I usually would make my cousins cry and he'll make them stop crying when we'd babysit.

"Too bad she didn't rip all of your hair off, I would pay to see that." I laughed again, making Alhaitham sarcastically roll his eyes.

"Shall we go now, your Highness?" He sarcastically said. "Whenever you're ready," I rolled my eyes at him too.

"Alright, take care you two. Sweetie, do you have anything to say to AlhaItham before they leave?" My aunt asked her daughter who looks at Alhaitham, "I'm sorry for pulling your hair... And goodbye" she waves her tiny fingers at him, maybe kids aren't that bad sometimes

His eyes softened at what my cousin did. He patted her head, "it's alright now, I'll see you next time. Goodbye, and be a good girl, okay?" My cousin nodded in return. My aunt smiled at the sight,

"Have a safe trip you two, make sure to bring her home before 10 pm cause I can't help you with dealing with her father." She chuckled at her own words.

"I'll make sure to bring her home safe and before 10 pm," My aunt smiled, making me say something, "Alright, alright, can we leave now, please?" I pleaded, and Alhaitham nodded as we said our goodbyes.

We made our way to his car, he opened the door for me, waiting for me to get inside before closing it and making his way to the other side. "Buckle your seatbelt," he told me as he got inside and buckled his. He started the engine and I opened my phone.