Chapter Nine

Y/n's POV

I can't get that look of hers out of my head.

Her eyes told so many different things last night, but I couldn't figure out a single one. As the guys and I got packed into a van that came to pick us and other staff up, my mind wandered back to Rosie. Thankfully the guys didn't start any conversation with me because I had my earbuds in, listening to music as we got driven to the airport.

I wanted to know what was going on inside her head when we shared that look. I wanted to know what she thought about me and if she was also overthinking this as I am. I haven't been like this in years, not since my ex-girlfriend.

Am I falling too hard?

That's something that terrified me. If something did blossom from this between Rosie and I, it would have to be a long distance relationship. And the last time I fell too hard and had a long distance relationship, it all went up in flames in a blink of an eye. I'll never forget that day when I saw my then girlfriend for our 2 year anniversary.

Flashback to 2 years ago

I just got off the plane in Japan and went to get my luggage over at baggage claim. Today is my girlfriend and I's 2 year anniversary and I'm surprising her. I told her previously that I couldn't take time away from work to visit, but here I am, ready to spend the day with her. It's been about 4 months since we've last seen each other in person, so I'm dying to feel her touch again.

The two of us met back in university when she was in my one accounting class. We spoke with one another and I fell head over heels for her right away. She told me though that she was just here for the remainder of the semester, but I didn't care. I asked her to be my girlfriend before she left and we became official. I haven't been happier.

I got on the shuttle after I got my bag and it took me to downtown Tokyo, where she had an apartment. I knew her address since I've sent her multiple gifts and letters, so I got off at the main stop and put her address in my phone. It said that it would only be about a 15 minute walk and I was okay with that since the weather was beautiful.

Her mom had sent me a spare apartment key so I could really surprise her today. I thanked her with a bunch of text messages and phone calls. Her parents were always the sweetest and I really do love them.

As I walked the busy streets, I stopped at a florist and picked up a bouquet of flowers for my girlfriend. She always said that she loves daisies, so I made sure to get a bouquet of those. It didn't cost much and I continued down the streets, rolling my luggage alongside me. I frequently looked down at my phone to make sure I was going the right direction and then after about the 15 minutes, I was at the entrance of her building.

I walked in and went to the elevators, pressing the 13th floor and waiting for it to take me up. It was a rather slow elevator as well, but eventually the metal doors opened up to the floor I needed. I fished for the key her mom gave me and smiled, pulling it out of my pocket and going down the hallway, looking at the numbers go up. I arrived at her door and felt the nervous butterflies appear in my stomach. I brought the daisies up to my nose and made sure they still smelled good before putting the key in the lock and opening the door up.

I opened it up quietly and rolled my luggage in, taking my shoes off slowly. I bit my lower lip to contain my excitement as I tiptoed through her apartment, trying to find her. But to my surprise, she wasn't here. I slumped my shoulders a bit and frowned, but I knew she was going to be back at some point because I told her I'd call around 6pm; it's 4:45pm right now.

I walked back to get my luggage and I rolled it across her apartment, but I stopped when I heard the fumbling sound of keys outside the door. I rushed to the the flowers I set down on the counter and stood in the middle of her apartment with a wide smile, ready to see my girl.