FOURTEEN - BLOOD

"Seriously, you wanna go in there?" Enid asked, pointing her flashlight to the gate with terror

"Seriously, you wanna go in there?" Enid asked, pointing her flashlight to the gate with terror. Aria was scared too, the image of her vision now standing right in front of her.

"This place is so creepy." She added when no one responded.

"I know." Wednesday responded, hiding  a smile with her hood.

"Okay, this isn't what I signed up for." Tyler said as Wednesday approached the gate, fiddling with the lock.

"Ditto."

"Look, Wednesday," Aria approached the girl, speaking quietly so the other two couldn't hear her. "I know we have to do this, but Tyler and Enid have no part in being here. They could get seriously hurt."

"No one will get hurt." Wednesday said, making Aria give up, having to walk away from the situation momentarily.

"I didn't want to celebrate my birthday by going to dinner or a surprise party." Wednesday opened the lock. "I want to do this."

Aria was glad she had been working on controlling her emotions, because if she hadn't, she would've screamed at Wednesday. She couldn't believe how selfish she was being, but maybe she should've.

"You should've just said so. You didn't have to trick us." Tyler said.

"Oh, shut up." Aria mumbled, her subconscious distrusting him right away.

"If you want to go, you can." Wednesday took out her flashlight. "I'm going to go check out the garage."

Aria walked with her reluctantly. She knew they had to get to the bottom of whatever mystery was happening, but she wished Wednesday hadn't gotten Enid this involved.

The group got to the door, none of them being able to open it until Enid used her werewolf strength, Aria glaring at Tyler as he looked at her suspiciously. What he did to Xavier hadn't left her mind, and she still wanted to punch him in the face.

When they entered the garage, Aria immediately noticed the car on the side of the wall, helping Wednesday pull the tarp over it.

"This is the car that hit the mayor." Wednesday realized, referring to the accident that occurred a few hours ago, furthering her suspicions.

"Okay, this just took a dark turn." Enid said shakily. Aria wanted to reassure her, but she was too caught up with her thoughts. Wednesday was right, everything was connected.

"We need to call Tyler's dad right freaking now." She said, pointing to him.

"Why?" Wednesday asked. "So he can take me back to Nevermore and get me expelled? It's not going to happen."

Aria wasn't completely sure about what was happening, she only recently put together that Tyler's dad was a cop and that Wednesday had been trying to get help from him.