How've you been? I guess you're fine

The short blonde laid down in his bed, looking at the ceiling. It was late at night, but he was unable to sleep.

He didn't know why.

Well, maybe he did know, he's just trying to ignore it. He's not doing a very good job at it.

He grabbed his phone from the table beside his bed and turned it on. He went to his contacts and left his finger hovering over one of the names.

Hyun
ˡᵃˢᵗ ˢᵉᵉⁿ ᵗʷᵒ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰˢ ᵃᵍᵒ

He sighed as he looked through the messages.

You
Hey, how've you been..?
ˢᵉⁿᵗ

Not expecting an answer, he shut his device off and laid back down, cuddling a pillow, trying to fall asleep.

He was starting to mentally curse at himself for sending that message. It's been weeks since they've broke up.

"I guess you're fine.." he answered his own question.

He quickly grabbed his phone to delete the message, but was met with a notification when the screen turned on.
-

------

| From: Hyun
| I'm fine. What...ᵗᵃᵖ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᶠᵘˡˡ ᵐᵉˢˢᵃᵍᵉ

-------

Hyun
I'm fine. What about you?
Also, you should be sleeping,
there's school tomorrow.

You
You're awake, too.
I'm okay

Hyun
True
That's good, that you're
ok.
It's really late though.
Why'd you suddenly text me?

You
I don't know.

Hyun
Okay..?
Well I'll see you in school
tomorrow, I hope.
You should rest.

You
Yeah, okay.
You rest too
Goodnight Hyunjin

Hyun
Okay, I will
Night, Lix.

Lix..? Felix thought. He actually answered..

He felt a smile tug his lips. As soon as he realised that he was smiling, he suddenly frowned and dropped onto the mattress.

"I should really sleep. I might feel tired tomorrow," he said to himself.

He buried his head into the pillow and slowly, his eyes closed, eventually falling asleep, but not before catching himself smiling again.