bonus 1

song: the city

It's a rainy and cold night back in your town, and you're walking back from your rounds at the hospital with an empty stomach and chapped lips. "Fuck me" You groan to yourself as you turned the lights on and kicked your shoes off.

The moment you look down between your feet, you find a small envelope resting on the floor. How odd, you get your mail at a different address, so who in the hell would slip something under your door?

This was both confusing and exciting. Why exciting? Your life had become so monotone and routine-based that nothing new was making its way into your life. But an envelope? Delivered personally to you? That meant something. Or perhaps just a coincidence? 

You don't spend any more time pondering on the origins of the envelope and instead bend over to grab it. Your feet drag you into the kitchen area where you take a seat on a stool. With your elbows grounded on the marble top, you read the front part of the letter. 

'T.T.' are the initials written in blue ink. It takes you a minimum of 3 glances for you to realize that the letter was a real and tangible item, your heart was in a frenzy. 

"Touya? Tou... ya? Touya"

"Dabi"

"You gotta be fucking kidding me" 

After an informal monologue with yourself, you shakily tear open the letter. A deep breath is taken before you begin to read.

Touya Todoroki. Dabi. Ex lover. 

5 years.. You were with Dabi 5 years ago. There's no way he actually waited 5 years to talk to you again. To be fair, you were also keeping count in the smallest corners of your heart. Because as much pain as he caused, the memories were still there. The memories didn't haunt you, however, they did keep you in check. You and Dabi weren't just some fever dream, it was real. 

Would you say you moved on? More or less. The heartbreak and healing take a while, but it's only a matter of time until you drag yourself into the market again. No other guy managed to get you and any relationship you were in had an expiration date of 3 months and a half. 

They were all temporary. 

To be fair, you drowned yourself in work in order to not think of such trivial things. Needless to say, it worked. 

' (Y/N), I hope the memory of me hasn't been wiped clean from your mind

I'd understand if it was though, I don't blame you. 

5 slow years have passed since we last parted ways, and I remember the remark you said about

being able to see each other after this time frame. 

I waited like you said. 

I have so many things to say and talk about and I hope you too, which is why I'll wait for you

tomorrow at this location at 9:30 p.m.

Goodnight, 

Dabi '

"What" You reacted out loud. "So are you asking me on a date Dabi? I don't-" You began to rant on your own until your eyes fall on another sentence written in a smaller size. 

'P.s I know you're asking yourself if it's a date. 

If you want it to be a date, I wouldn't be against the idea

If you want to stand me up, I wouldn't be mad either'

You click your tongue at the last words written. He can still read you like an open book, neither of you has really changed in that aspect. 

Now it was just a matter of whether or not you wanted to go see him.

(a.n: surprise!!!)