1. Under the thought bubble

Comenzar desde el principio

"What could have caused the abnormality in her case? She was such a lively and healthy girl"

The doctor seems to think for a moment. Amaya looks at him. It has only been one day and two hours since she woke up in this body, unable to recall anything of who she might be or what her past might have been like. Some things she can recognise, like the fact that she is in a hospital. She remembers almost everything she has ever learned, but none of the life she has lived before this. Amaya would also want to know what could have caused her to lose her memory so severely. The doctor hesitates before speaking.

"There are a few things that could have made the already existing amnesia worse... however I doubt your daughter suffered from any of them. Depression, anxiety, fear... it is usually victims of abuse or bullying that it applies too"

Her father only nods. Amaya looks between the doctor and the man in the black suit. She doesn't understand what is going on. She wants her father to comment on that, wants to know if what the doctor is saying is true or not. Has she suffered from bullying? Abuse? Wouldn't her father know the answer to that? He has been nothing but quiet since she woke up. In fact, he wasn't even in the room when she did. He only came in later, and didn't even say a word to her. Amaya wishes she could know more about who she is.

"What do you suggest we do now, doctor?"

He sounds rather grim and worried. He must care for her, Amaya thinks. He must love her like one loves one's daughter. If only he could speak to her, too.

"Take her home, introduce her to her regular life bit by bit. Her memories will most likely not return so there is no point in rehabilitation, integrating her back into her life and into society should be your priority. She will simply have to start over, without her memories"

"You look a little lost, is something wrong?"

Avan looks down at her, physically present but mentally somewhere else. She's right, his mind has been drifting recently.

"No. I'm leaving so get someone else to pick you up"

Pulling his hair back, he jumps up on his black motorcycle and gets comfortable on its seat, all while she watches him with annoyance written all over her features. Avan couldn't care less. His mind is busy with other things. He clips on his helmet over his black hair, coloured with blond strings here and there, in a way that makes all girls crazy over him.

"Are you really going to just le-"

"Move"

Both of them turn around to see a tall girl standing behind them, a frown over her face. She nudges her head towards the bike next to them, leaning against the beige brick school wall. Being almost at Avan's tall height, this girl with shoulder length coloured purple hair with black roots- is hard to not recognise. Her eyes have that same dull glow as they always have, piercing, but bored. Avan doesn't think he has ever seen her smile, either. A very unpleasant person, he concludes, and flicks on the safety glass on his helmet. Ignoring both girls, he drives off with nothing but a dust cloud left behind him. The taller girl rolls her eyes, pushing the remaining girl to the side with only one hand movement, and walking up to her rusty red bike.

The girl stumbles and immediately turns to glare at her.

"Who do you think you are?!"

She unlocks her red bike, not even bothering to glance at the angry girl. There are many differences between them, to the point where it's annoying to look at her. She's got these nice, white shoes, that match the grey long socks the school provides them with. Her wine red uniform blazer is just her size, and so is her grey skirt. She has all kinds of hairpins and pretty jewellery all over her hair and body, and perfect straight black hair, curled and styled with a little bit of brown colour. They are different. The purple haired girl bought a blazer a few sizes too big, and since wearing a skirt gives her all kinds of weird looks in her neighbourhood, she has the grey sweatpants under the material. It looks rather rough.