Maggie once again clasped her hands. "Dreams suck. The panic attacks... They're awesome too."

Ms. Morrell glanced between them. "It's called hyper-vigilance, the persistent feeling of being under threat."

Stiles shook his head. "But it's not just a feeling, though. It's -- it's like a panic attack. You know, like I can't even breathe."

Maggie nodded slowly. "It's feels like I'm suffocating... Like I can't find my way out."

"Like you're drowning?" Ms. Morrell asked.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah."

"So if you're drowning, and you're trying to keep your mouth closed until that very last moment, what if you choose to not open your mouth? To not let the water in? What about you, Maggie?"

Maggie shrugged and glanced at Stiles who said, "You do anyway. It's a reflex."

"But if you hold off until that reflex kicks in, you have more time, right?""

"Not much."

"But more time to fight your way to the surface or to find a way down?"

Stiles shrugged. "I guess."

"More time to be rescued?"

"More time to be in agonizing pain. I mean, did you forget about the part where you feel like your head's exploding?"

"If it's about survival, isn't a little agony worth it?"

Maggie glanced up. "Agony can turn to something better or to hell. And somehow, I think it'll turn to the latter."

Stiles sighed. "What if it's agony now and then -- and it's just hell later on?"

Ms. Morrell looked between them. "Then think about something Winston Churchill once said -- "If you're going through hell, keep going.""

When they left the guidance office, Maggie glared at the door. Stiles laughed softly. "You don't like shrinks, do you?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't talk about it. Please."

"Maggie..."

"I said no, Stiles."

Stiles nodded slowly. "Are you coming to the championship game?"

Maggie nodded. "Yeah."

The next week, they were all gathered in the locker room. Maggie and Caleb were was standing in the back, between Melissa and Scott. Coach started his speech. ""Mankind -- that word should have a new meaning for all of us today.""

Melissa frowned at her son. "What the hell is he talking about?"

Maggie shrugged. "Not sure."

Caleb meanwhile, was grinning, understanding where Coach's speech was from.

Stiles glanced to Melissa. "He does this every year."

"Seriously?" Melissa wondered.

"Yeah."

""We are fighting for our right to live"," Coach continued.

"Yeah!" the players cheered.

Melissa frowned before her eyes widen. "Wait, is this-"

Caleb nodded. "Yup. It's the speech from Independence Day."

""But as the day the world declared in one voice-""