Chapter 4: The Break-Up

Start from the beginning

Well, since it's what Sachiko want's, I'll do it. But I don't think I'll be happy. Especially with Mom and Reiko present.

After a while, Sachiko successfully dragged me all the way to the dining room, probably because I let myself get dragged.

The two of us, sat down on the dining table, ready to eat as Reiko looked away from her phone and looked at me and Sachiko.

Reiko:"Good morning you two." She greeted.

Arata:...Morning." I answered coldly.

Sachiko:"Good morning, Onee-san!" She said happily.

Nana:"Ah! Arata, glad you could join us!" She said excitedly.

Arata:"Yeah...glad too." I answered quietly.

Nana:"We-well, everyone eat up." She said as she places the food on the table.

To my surprise, she cooked all of us curry as she places four plates of it. One for me, Sachiko, Reiko and herself as we put all of our palms together.

 One for me, Sachiko, Reiko and herself as we put all of our palms together

Everyone:"Thank's for the food." We said in unison.

After that, I grab my spoon and took a bite from the curry...It was delicious. Without knowing, a few tears began to appear from my eyes as Reiko noticed it.

Reiko:"Otouto! You're crying, what's wrong!?" She shouted in worry.

Arata:"...It's nothing." I answered coldly as I wipe off my tears.

To be honest. I wish things were as simple like this back then. Before dad died, before I saw them with Toru, before everything bad happened. Deep inside me hoped for things to get back the way it used to be.

...But, I also knew it was no longer possible. The things they said, they did and the reason behind it. It had hurt me deeply. I can't stomach myself to forgive them, not one bit. Tolerance is the only option...only for Sachiko's sake.

Sachiko:"Onii-chan! Your crying!" She shouted in worry.

Arata:"Right Sachiko. Hehehe. Onii-chan's a bit sad, but don't worry. I'll be all happy." I reassured her.

Sachiko:"Onii-chan needs a hug! Hug me!" She requested.

And so, I extend my arms towards her as It got closer. But instead of wrapping around her body for a hug, it went for the her 2 cheeks as I pinched them...hard.

hard