Deceit: Fire

There was a stately abode out in the countryside of Wisconsin. In a little, not worth remembering town of fifteen hundred.

Everyone whispered in fear of the house. Warned their children to never go near it. 

The forest and adjoining lake of the massive parcel, fine. Just never dare tread near the house.

Otherwise, don't bother coming home.

Some said the walls screamed.

Others claimed it was the air itself.

Some could hear crying.

In the summer heat a man screamed. Screamed as his flesh popped and sizzled from flames.

The youngest could still hear his parents.

"No! NO! WHY ARE YOU--"

"For God's sake an ambulance!"

A Mother wailing for her child.

"I'm sorry," he whispered hoarsely, tears trailing down bloodshot pupils. 

In a whoosh, flame overtook the Wisconsin mansion.

Some old, faulty wirings. Mold and things in the plaster and insulation.

Heavy wooden doors shut with a resounding, echoing... CLICK.

***********************

Clean shoes of women and elder men in crisp, clean white trod across the floors.

Lugging in stupidly ornate and expensive furniture.

Certain accessories and boxed up things treated with the utmost care.

A blur of black figured it appropriate to warn the others lest they have his head. Or, actually try hanging to quiet him down.

************************

Daddy just hadn't been able to wait anymore.

He'd been excited to show off his new house. Their new house.

They drove far, real far.

Zipping straight past the cute, warm little town and into dense wild forest. Green enclosing like a wild jungle.

Could there be tigers behind all of that foe-leeage.

Five year old Thomas didn't know.

He just knew Daddy needed to turn on the heater.

Because Mommy was "de-li-cate" with cold. Only her. Not Thomas.

"Excited?" Daddy asked. "I spared no expense, you will have the best of everything my little Prince. That I guarantee you."

"My own room?" he asked.

"Yes. And decorated with all the Princess things you love so much."

"Oh honestly darling," Mommy chided, "and that was supposed to be a surprise. You just can't help yourself can you, besides half the rooms will take another week. We'll all be making nuisances of ourselves."

"Now dear, you know me by now I hope," he joked. "The chance to spoil my family? Of course I can't wait. Nevermind when seeing our son happy."

And the woman Thomas called Mommy could only agree.

"I suppose you are right, still though the painting--"

"All organic I assure. No masks and the rooms will remain locked only accessible to the crew."