That empty feeling always made Jackson a little frustrated.

It made him do things that made the feeling go away for a while. Things like, getting really good grades or practicing a lot for lacrosse. He wanted to make his parents proud of him and when he did those things he felt the empty feeling go away for a moment.

But now, with Lydia he doesn't feel that way anymore.

It was odd actually. He thought he would never get rid of that feeling, even with Lydia around.

Lydia had never made him feel this way before. But lately she's been so much nicer to him than usual. The feeling she gives him, he has never felt that before.

It's like the empty feeling goes away completely. He feels peaceful now that the feeling is gone. He no longer feels frustrated by it.

Lydia's presence brings him so much peace and calmness.

Lydia runs her hands through Jackson's hair as he snuggles closer to her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Lydia asks Jackson uncertainly.

Lydia wasn't really good at comforting people.

She's never had friends before, so she's never had to comfort anyone before.

The only things that comforted her were her imaginations.

The kind animals in her drawings always helped her feel less lonely. It gave her the feeling that there were people, well actually creatures, who did care about her.

She wanted to pass that feeling on to Jackson, but she wasn't sure how.

What she didn't know was that Jackson had already been comforted by just her presence and her warm embrace.

It was silent for a moment before Jackson started to speak.

"I-I just...I just wish my parents were here." he said, his voice still hoarse from crying.

Lydia gripped him tighter and gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek. She remained silent, waiting for him to feel comfortable enough to continue talking.

"I try so hard at school and just with everything because I want them to be proud of me. But I'll never know if they would be proud of me.

I mean, why would they? I've been so busy lately with school and lacrosse that I haven't really been that nice to other people." Jackson admitted sadly as he rested his head on Lydia's shoulder and wrapped his arms around her from behind. He pulled her closer to him.

"Hey! Don't say that." Lydia protested. "You don't always have to be nice to everyone. It's okay to feel that way. Sometimes there's just something going on that's more important.

Besides, of course they are proud of you! Not just because you do well in school but because of who you are.

You're an amazing person. You are so kind to me. You are so nice to all of your friends. You even made new friends, Jack. That is great!

You pick me up every day and you bring me home safely. You stayed with me, we visited Peter together. I mean, you fell asleep while I was reading, but that doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what you did before, it's about what you do about it now. And you have already done so many good things. So of course they are proud of you.

I am proud of you, Jack. I'm so proud of you."

Jackson feels a warm pleasant feeling rush through him after hearing Lydia's words.

There's that feeling again...

Jackson slowly begins to understand what that feeling means.

"Thank you." Jackson breathes against her neck.