Chapter 11.)

The weather was chilly, the skies were gray, and the whistles of the wind created a harmonic melody. The smell of cinnamon and apple pie filled the bedroom as Rich Homie Quan, I Fuck Wit You Girl played through Kato's Bluetooth speaker as he searched through his closet for something to wear. November came quicker than night but that was no biggie to him, he enjoyed the holidays but seemed to look forward to them more since Nimue entered into his life.

It was going on nine in the morning and unlike any other day, today, Kato was tensed. Nimue would be meeting Maline today, formally, and he was not sure how he was supposed to be feeling but anything other than calmness annoyed him. He was Kato Ahlan Monroe, better known as Honcho for crying aloud, he does not get nervous or worried about things, this was something new to him. He hated not being able to control a situation and this one for sure would bother him because he knew it was out of his control.

Settling on a crisp HBCU black sweater, Kato paired it with black jeans, cocaine white Nikes, his Africa-themed rosary, and an all-black beaded bracelet; it was obvious black was his color of choice but red was his favorite.

Just as he was about to head toward his safe, he heard light humming coming up the stairs. Without having to turn around because the scent of her pink sugar body oil simultaneously replaced the smell of his scented candles burning, a slight grin graced his face as he remained in his spot.

"Grand Risinggggg" Nimue sang softly, it was a surprise to Kato because she actually had a voice.

"Top of the top, Lil mama," turning towards her, his brow lifted, and his bottom lip tucked smoothly between his teeth as he admired her.

She wore her hair in curls, but with half of it up and rolled into a donut with the rest down, her face was free of makeup except for the gloss on her lips. She wore the gold plated cross necklace that he gifted her months ago, she sported a café-au-lait colored feminine trench coat over her coal-colored tank, she wore denim jeans that were ripped at the knees and cuffed at the ankles and had on all-black ankle boots to bring the look together.

Nimue was dressed for the season, not realizing just how stunning she looked, and Kato was simply impressed; his dick would vouch for that.

"Um... is this too much?" her question brought him back to reality.

Instead of answering, he walked over, gripped her neck, and swallowed her lips whole. Nimue was caught off guard, they'd shared intimate kisses like this before, but this kiss right here had her standing on her tiptoes with her neck angled, inviting him in for more.

To make matters worse, he sealed the deal with a slow lip bite before finally pulling away, leaving her hot and ready like Little Caesars Pizza.

"Um... whew! I-I mean, damn," she fanned herself, gazing at him with eyes that danced with fire.

Kato knew he was that nigga, he just enjoyed reminding Nimue of such. "To answer your question, the outfit is nowhere near too much," and with that, he grabbed his things and casually walked out of the bedroom.

"I'll be in the car," he added followed by a light chuckle causing Nimue's cheeks to heat up.

Lord have mercy on me, The kiss indeed had her in a tizzy, but it also boosted her confidence; they were definitely on the same page but too afraid to make that move.

***

Anita Baker's, Sweet Love played throughout Maline's home as she and Stella moved around one another as they cooked the food. Maline understood why a lot of people such as the Natives and most black people were on the fence about celebrating the white man's holiday. But what Maline also knew and understood, even though the world was never good to those who came before us, it was a forgotten fact that Thanksgiving for the black community, started off as a church celebration.