Chapter 4.)

"It's been three weeks and we still haven't received a payment for anything Ms. Dowell... I'm sorry but as of now, your lights and water will remain off. I told you we could help you find a job, but you never called us back,"

"I have a job at the nursing home, but they only call me in when they need me and sometimes it's only twice a week... I can't do anything with only eight sometimes fifteen hours a week... please give me more time," Nimue begged.

"I can't... Nimue..." the agent sighed deeply. "There's an opening at a gym that's ten minutes away from your area..."

"I don't know anything about being a personal trainer," Nimue grumbled, she was ready to shoot herself.

"There's an overnight front desk clerk position available... from four in the morning to twelve in the afternoon... you'll be paid fourteen an hour,"

Chewing on her bottom lip, Nimue nodded slowly. "Send me the link, I'll apply... please send someone back out here to cut my services back on,"

"Until you make a payment Ms. Dowell, I cannot do it anymore... again, I do apologize,"

"Sure," she mumbled defeatedly, hanging up.

Going into her email, she found the link to the application and began working on it.

Get Fit with Monroe, she read the name a few times to see if it sounded familiar, but it didn't.

Why couldn't it be simple like Planet Fitness? She wondered then shrugged proceeding to the assessment.

If it was one thing, she was good at, it was assessments even though she half-assed them during college, she was smart as hell but didn't put forth the effort at times.

Twenty minutes and fifteen questions later, she was done. Closing her laptop, she went ahead and got up about to power off her portable Wi-Fi box until the cordless phone rang.

Answering the unfamiliar number, she sat on the armchair and stared out the window.

"Is this Ni... Nee..."

"Nimue," Nimue spoke up and the lady laughed softly.

"Sorry, my name is Daneeka, I just went over your application and my boss wanted you to come in tomorrow for an interview,"

That was fast.

"That's fine with me, what time is perfect for you?"

"Come in tomorrow morning at nine, we're usually slow during that hour," Daneeka answered.

"Ok... thank you," Nimue smiled as if she could see her.

"No, thank you, and good luck,"

Hanging up, Nimue bit down on her lip grinning. Come on big man, don't let me down this time, she prayed then got up powering off her portable Wi-Fi box.

Heading into the kitchen, she stared at the clock on her wall counting down until it struck 4:30. Lighting a few candles, she grabbed the pliers from the drawer, headed out to her water meter, and went ahead and turned the bar.

Looking around briefly, she walked back inside and washed her hands. She was ready for a hot bath and cool shower, what she was doing was considered illegal but at least God was looking out for her. She couldn't believe that she couldn't pass her damn board exams to receive her LPN license but could pass a simple test to land a job at the gym. To her, it was clear she made the wrong career decision.