Chapter 9.)

You know I thug 'em, fuck 'em,
love 'em, leave 'em
'Cause I don't fuckin' need 'em
Take 'em out the hood,
keep 'em lookin' good
But I don't fuckin' feed 'em
First time they fuss I'm breezin'

Jay-Z, Big Pimpin' played through Nimue's Bluetooth speaker as she got ready for her casual date with Kato. They weren't doing anything special, but she still wanted to get dolled up even though he told her not to. It has been three days and after her failed attempt at getting him to sex her down, she decided to let him lead.

With her hair parted on the left and pulled back into a sleek high ponytail with her edges laid, her eyebrows were filled in, she wore no makeup except gloss on her lips and a honey and avocado moisturizer on her face. She wore a gray fitted sweater that stopped above her belly button, and she had on a pair of white high-waisted jeans, and a pair of expensive sandals that Kato gifted her. Checking herself out a few times in her long mirror, Nimue took a few pictures and recorded a few videos for Snapchat.

Cutting the music off, she grabbed her bomber jacket and headed out of her room just as her phone vibrated in her hand. Looking down at the number momentarily, she went ahead and answered, "Hello?"

"Nimue Dowell?" The male voice asked.

"Yes,"

"Good morning, this is Nathan on a recorded line. I'm calling to remind you that your next payment for the sewage bill is coming up."

"That's not until the first of December," she frowned as she headed back inside her room and checked her calendar.

"This is just a reminder call," he replied.

Nimue felt as if there was some funny business going on but decided to keep her comments to herself. "Ok..." she trailed off.

"How will you be processing the payment? Wil-"

"Thank you for the reminder, I'm at work," she cut him off before hanging up.

Shaking her head, she went into her mobile bank app to check her balance.

She had a balance of $600 with $900 in her savings, it wasn't much, but it was enough for her to buy what she needed until she got paid next Thursday. Closing the app, she took a moment to recollect her peace before she headed downstairs just as Kato was walking through her front door.

"Do you ever knock?" She playfully mugged him as she looked his attire over.

It was as if he had a sixth sense when it came to her, they wore the same color coordination, and his fit was more comfortable looking than hers though. He had on gray joggers that failed terribly at hiding his print, he rocked a simple crisp white T-shirt, a gold chain, and a beanie that looked to barely be on his head. The sneakers he wore had the same wine-red color as Nimue's sandals which had her grinning.

"It's November and you wanna have your stomach all out," shaking his head, he chuckled holding the door open for her.

"I have a jacket if that counts," she smiled, feigning innocence.

"Ok now Ashley Banks," he gently mushed her and she laughed swatting his hand down.

Once they got settled in his car, he headed to their first destination while she recorded many Snapchat videos of the two as he pretended to be annoyed.

Pulling up to Topgolf, Nimue looked around briefly then at Kato, and rose her brow. Ignoring her curiosity, he cut the car off and exited the vehicle. Helping her out, he closed the door and then hit the locks.