Part 15

The world became small for my neighbor and me after that. Although I was already expecting that I would often see her because she was my neighbor. But the next time I saw her, it was at my workplace.

Hindi ko masyadong inaasahan iyon. She looked like someone who didn't have nightlife. Sa tagal ko na sa trabaho ko, ilang tao na ang nakahalubilo ko. Observing them became my hobby as I was trained inside the EL Ordre.

My neighbor was simple. Mukhang hindi s'ya madalas sa loob ng bar kaya naman nagulat ako nang makita s'ya roon. But she was with Janina's group and I just remembered that it was her birthday.

Kaano-ano n'ya sina Janina?

I knew Janina. Hindi sila gaanong madalas sa club because of their work but I knew them as they were friendly. They were friendly but I still distanced myself from them.

This was the first time that I saw them with someone new. Ibig sabihin, kilala nila ang kapitbahay ko. I also wanted to know my neighbor's name but... I couldn't use my skills. It was risky. Baka mahanap pa ako ni Kuya.

When Janina approached me at the bar counter and asked me to go to their table, hindi na ako tumanggi pa. I wanted to interact with my neighbor. I really wanted to know her name. Hindi ko naman alam kung paano s'ya tatanungin. I was worried I might scare her.

Kung si James lang, panigurado, wala pang isang segundo, naitanong na n'ya ang pangalan ng kapitbahay ko.

Our eyes met as soon as she glanced my way while I was walking toward their table. I wasn't prepared for the emotion that struck my chest. It was... foreign. I couldn't even name it. Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng klaseng emosyon iyon.

Why? Why now? Nagkatinginan din naman kami kahapon, ah? Why am I feeling this way right now?

I was so confused. Iba't ibang klaseng mga emosyon ang nararamdaman ko ngayon. I was amused to see that she looked as if she didn't want me to be there. Gusto ko ngang matawa, eh. How could I not be there when it was my workplace?

Aliw na aliw ako sa kanya. Hindi ko tuloy maalis ang tingin ko sa kanya and I knew that she could feel my stares. Halata ang pagkailang sa kanya.

Janina celebrated her birthday in the club. Isa ang kapitbahay ko sa lumapit sa DJ para uminom. Nahila yata ng mga kasama n'ya. I saw that the alcohol spilled on her dress. Bumakat ang damit n'ya sa katawan n'ya. Kitang-kita ko kung paano s'ya sundan ng tingin ng mga lalaki habang naglalakad s'ya papunta sa bar counter.

Bigla na lang akong nainis. Those men were obviously ogling at her. Especially at her chest part dahil doon ang mismong basa.

Ah... Damn it. Those men were fuck boys!

"Water, please," she said as soon as she was at the bar counter.

I chuckled and gave her what she wanted. Halatang naiilang s'ya sa nangyari sa damit n'ya kaya inilapit ko sa kanya ang tissue box. She finally looked at me. Muntik pa nga akong mapasigaw ng 'yes' dahil tinignan n'ya rin ako sa wakas.

"You should wipe your clothes," I said.

She blushed, which amused me even more. Ang bilis n'yang mamula. Ngayon lang ako nakakita ng taong mabilis mag-blush.

I watched her wipe her clothes. She was struggling and I wanted to help her. But it was as if I could hear Gadriel in my head stopping me and telling me that it was a bad idea.

Why? I just wanted to help her? Tutulungan ko nga, eh.

Bago ko pa ma-realize kung ano'ng mali sa gusto kong pagtulong ay nag-angat na s'ya ng tingin. That was when it only hit me what was wrong.