22. Enzo

December 29, 2020 (Atlas is now 12 weeks and 1 day old)

With Christmas officially over, I have planned on taking Bella on a special date. I know Bella and I got together recently and perhaps people may think we're moving too fast but in all honesty, I don't think I could ever be with anyone else that isn't her. When I first saw her I was instantly starstruck by her beauty and I knew right then and there that I wanted to have a future with her even if we had just met. There was just something about her that drew me in from day one and continues to draw me in even after knowing her for six months. It feels as if I've known her my entire life with how easily we got along and how instantly she became a huge part of my life. She's someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Yes, this date was going to be one that we'll never forget. And one that will be the most memorable to date. Well aside from Atlas' birth and her acceptance to be my girlfriend.

"Are you sure you can watch the boys for a few hours?" Bella asked my mother for the millionth time since she arrived 20 minutes ago and my mom rolled her eyes fondly at my girlfriend and smiled nodding.

"Yes, now go on. You've got a very important date with that man over there," she pointed in my direction and Bella looked over for a second but it was enough for her to take a deep breath and nod turning back to my mom and giving her a warm hug.

"The boys will be alright," I said as I helped her to her winter coat and she bit her lip before nodding. This would be our first night away from the boys since our custody hearing a few days ago and since Christmas. I wanted this night to be just the two of us. No kids, just us.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked as she climbed into the car I held the door open and shook my head with a smile and she huffed making me chuckle as I closed the door and walked to the other side and got into my seat. "Sorry for being paranoid."

"Don't be," I said and she looked over as I pulled out of the driveway—her brothers and dad had come over earlier this morning to help shovel the snow. Thankfully it hadn't snowed since Christmas and I was glad because it would have been hell getting to the restaurant if the roads were covered in snow. "It nerve-wracking leaving our boys believe me, but I think going on this little date will be good for us."

"You're right," she said and smiled as she rested her head on the headrest of the car while I drove down the road as safely as possible to not get into an accident, because that is the last thing I want to happen before I get the chance to ask her that important question.

"When are you do back for therapy?" She asked and I quirked a brow, I didn't even know so I shrugged, "do you still need to go?"

"A couple more times before I'll be officially done," I said and she nodded, "I'll have to call my physical therapist tomorrow to see when I'm so back in."

"Does it hurt still? I know this said that your prosthetic was soft or something like that," she stated and I nodded.

"I might need to change the rubber that goes over the cover," I said as I pulled into the restaurant and she nodded before looking up when she realized I had stopped the car and blinked, "now, ready to have the best date ever?" She grinned and nodded and so with that, I turned the car off before climbing out and walking around to open her door and holding it for her as she stepped out.

"Such a gentleman," she smiled as she kissed my cheek and I grinned before holding my arm for her to link with before we made our way towards the entrance.

"Good evening," the hostess at the front greeted with a smile when we walked in, "do you have reservations?"

"Good evening," we greeted back with me adding, "and yes, it should be under Matthews." She nodded before checking the reservation book and nodding while grabbing two menus.