21. Bella

December 22, 2020 (Atlas is now 11 weeks and 1 day old)

A week later Enzo and myself found ourselves seating across from Dylan and his lawyer with the judge at the head of the table. I gripped Enzo's hand as Dylan's lawyer spoke about how he had every right to be in his son's life and how I had left without telling him about my pregnancy. The judge just sat there with a straight face as he listened to the bullshit spewing from the male's mouth.

"So my client should be the one to raise the baby instead of these two," the opposing lawyer said ours scoffed making him glare.

"So you rather have an abusive man raise an infant then? Is that it, Gomez?" Our lawyer, Ezekiel Lawrence, said. "My client, Miss Bella Monty, was in an abusive relationships it's Mr. Carmichael. She's had a restraining order placed against him when she left her former state of residence and had it transferred here."

"That's ridiculous!" Mr. Gomez said slamming his fists on the table and the judge gave him a warning look that had him quickly apologizing. "But as I was saying, why didn't she leave him when he first began the abuse then? If she was so scared of him why did she stay with him for this long?"

Mr. Lawrence looked at me and I bit my lip as I looked at Enzo who gave me a reassuring smile and nod.

"Don't all victims of abuse stay with their abusers even if they are afraid?" I asked and Mr. Gomez looked at me, "when my father got a new job offer here I took that as my chance to escape. I thought I would be free until I ran into him in the hospital after I had given birth to my son. Our son," I said as I pointed at Enzo, "perhaps my baby has Mr. Carmichael's blood running through his veins, but Enzo has been his father since the second we met and began our relationship. Sure he wasn't with me in the delivery room, but Atlas carries his last name."

"My client deserves to be involved in his son's life," Mr. Gomez said and the judge sat up straighter, fixed his jacket before grabbing the file in front of him with all the evidence needed to prove Dylan wasn't capable of raising a baby. He cleared his throat and looked between us.

"Due to the evidence presented against Mr. Carmichael," he began and I held Enzo's hand as he looked between us,Dylan was smirking as if he already knew he would win but something told me it was the apposite and I was right when the judge spoke again, "I hereby declare Mr. Enzo Mathew the legal parent of the 11 week old baby, Atlas Mathew, and due to this, you Mr. Carmichael are prohibited from getting near Miss Monty or Mr. Mathew."

"That's absurd!" Dylan yelled at siding up, knocking the chair over, "she kept her pregnancy from me, I have eve—"

"I have already said my verdict, Mr. Carmichael," Judge Martin said, "you have been warned Mr. Carmichael, if you fail to follow my order you will be arrested." I looked at Enzo and smiled as tears rolled down my face and he pulled me against him, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"I will get him, Bella, he is my son!" Dylan yelled and I looked at him, "if I have to take him by force than that's what I will do."

"You will do no such thing, Mr. Carmichael," the judge said as he stood up from his seat and Dylan snarled at the male but he was unfazed as he looked at his lawyer, "I suggest you advise your client to stay away from the Mathew family if he knows what's best for him." And just like that, he walked held his arm towards the exit, "and word of advice Mr. Carmichael don't threatened to kidnap a chicks from his parents in front of a judge. This verdict will be sent to every court you decide to take this case to in the future."

"Come on, let's go see the boys." Enzo said and I nodded and the three of us walked out ignoring Dylan's screams and curses.

"Thank you for your help, Mr. Lawrence, we don't know what we would've done had we not gotten your help with this." Enzo said and he nodded, they exchanged handshakes.

"If you need help representing you again please don't hesitate to reach out to me, I'll be happy to help you again."

"Thank you, we will be sure to keep that in mind," Enzo said before we bid Ezekiel a good day and got into Enzo's car.

"I bet my mom and your parents are going to throw a party in celebration for our win," my boyfriend chucked as he turned the car in before pulling out of the parking lot and I grinned.

"I don't doubt that."

****

December 25, 2020 (Atlas is now 11 weeks and 4 days old)

Three days later, after having a celebratory dinner at my parents house, Enzo's mom and sister along with my family were over at our house to celebrate Christmas. The house was filled with chatter from everyone. For once I was actually glad that our house was big enough to fit everyone in it. Melanie had even brought her boyfriend, Dr. Sandoval who in turn brought his three children from his previous marriage. I have met them a few times since getting together with Enzo but tonight was the first time they were coming as a family.

"Your home is absolutely beautiful, Bella," Marianna, one of Emilio's daughters gushed and I smiled. She was beautiful with sun-kissed skin, mocha colored eyes and long curly black hair. She was the eldest of the three. She was just a year younger than Aaron.

"Thank you," I smiled and she grinned, "I'm so glad that you've decided to join us tonight along with your siblings."

"We're glad that you've invited us," her brother, Carlos said popping up behind her. He was the exact replica of their father with golden skin, black hair and hazel eyes.

"Yes, thank you for having us," Valentina, the youngest, said as she joined her sister and brother.

"We're all family," Enzo said as he came up to stand beside me with Atlas. "And have been since we've met 15 years ago."

The Sandoval siblings smiled and nodded.

We all migrated to the living room to join the rest of the family and as the night wore on, we ate dinner and told Christmas stories and joked around before finally deciding to open the gifts under the Christmas tree.

"This is by far the best Christmas I've had in years," Enzo murmured beside me so that no one would hear and I smiled leaning against him as he pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Ditto."