5. Bella

July 1, 2020 (19 weeks and 3 days pregnant)

"Do you want to join my family and I for our yearly Fourth of July weekend?" Bailey asked a few days after our trip to the mall and I smiled nodding, "you can bring your family."

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded

"I wouldn't have invited you if I wasn't sure." She replied with a grin and I chuckled

"That's true," I agreed making her smile, "I'll  let my family know,"

"Awesome!" She exclaimed throwing her arms in the air making me laugh at her antics. Ever since we met a few weeks ago, there has not been a day where we haven't hung out whether at her house or at mine and sometimes even at the mall or cafe where we first met.

It's been nearly 5 months since my family and I moved to New Orleans and it has been the best move we've ever made.

I never imagined making a new friend as it had always been hard for me to make friends even back home in New York.

"Are you okay?" I blinked and looked at Bailey to see her titling her head to the side.

"Yeah why?" I asked and she gave me a small smile

"You've been spacing out for a good while," she said and I gave her a sheepish smile as I rubbed my bump.

"Yeah. Sorry I was just thinking." I replied and she nodded.

"So anyway, do you want to join me and my brother in going to the store? We still need to get a few things for the Fourth of July." She said and I smiled nodding, "When are you going back to the doctors for your next appointment?"

"I already had it,"

"And do you know what you're having?" She asked and I shook making her furrow her brows in confusion.

"One of my in-laws is in charge of that," I said with smile and she nodded.

"What are you two gossiping about?" We both looked up to see her brother and his son walking towards us and I bit my cheek. God her brother was so handsome. He was so sweet too. But it sucks that he's taken. What am I thinking? I shouldn't even be thinking about dating and instead I should focus more on my baby and college.

"Her baby, duh." Bailey answered and he nodded. He looks at me and tilted his head making me bite my cheek and avert my eyes.

"Really? You're pregnant?" He asked which only earned him a slap to the arm by his sister and a glare. "What?"

"You don't ask that you idiot,"she said and he rolled his eyes.

"How was I supposed to know?" He asked with a raised brow as he set his son down and the little boy waddled towards me before pressing his little hands on my bump, "Declan don't do th-"

"It's okay," I said cutting him off as I let the little boy feel my belly, "it doesn't bother me." He pursed his lips before nodding.

"Buba?" He asked tilting his little head up at me and I nodded

"Yes, there's a baby in there," I replied and he made the cutest confused face I've ever seen making my heart melt and it melted even more when he gave my clothed bump a kiss.

"Aweeee," Bailey gushed at she and Enzo witnessed the scene, "that's so sweet."

"Oof," little Declan said when the baby gave a kick making me chuckle and he looked up with wide eyes.

"Hard kick huh?" I asked and he nodded and I smiled as he climbed onto my lap and cuddle onto my side making his father and aunt watch with shocked expressions. I was taken by surprise by the little boy's actions too but shook my head when Enzo went to take him, "it's okay, I don't mind."

****

"Morning sweetie,"Mama greeted as I walked into the kitchen and I smiled,

"Morning Mama," I greeted her giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"How did you sleep?" She asked before adding and how's my grand baby?"

"Good, been moving a lot," I replied and she smiled walking over to place her hands on my bump, "Which reminds me I still need to pick a name for them."

"I'm sure you'll pick the perfect one, so don't stress too much about that," she said before she added, "that reminds, last night after you got home from the mall you mentioned your new friend invited us to her family's 4th of July?"

"Yeah," I nodded and she hummed, before giving me a look and I raised a brow, "Does she happen to have a brother?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked and she nodded, "Don't you dare try to set us up. He's got a girlfriend or wife already." I said and she raised a brow in question and I sighed and told him how he has a son that's around four.

"And have you seen this supposed wife or girlfriend of his?" She asked and I shook my head, "then how do you know if he's taken?"

She's got a point there, but still.

"Just because she's never around whenever I'm over doesn't mean he's not taken." I said and she sighed shaking her head.

"We'll see." I rolled my eyes at her words before deciding to head to my room to get started on my American Literature homework that was due at 11:50 which wasn't for another few hours but that didn't mean I had to wait until the last minute to send it to my professor.

I was half way done when there was a knock on my door and I sighed standing up from my chair and walked over to see Elijah on the other side and he grinned. "Whatcha doing?"

"Homework, why?"

"Almost done?" He asked and I nodded and he hummed, "Sweet, do you want to go to the mall with me and Julia?"

"Sure, let me just finish and I'll meet you both downstairs." I said and he nodded and with that he turned in his heal and walked down the hall toward the stairs. I shook my head and went back into my room and desk to finish my work.

My phone buzzed just as I pressed sent and looked down to see a text from Bailey asking if I wanted to go to the mall. I quickly sent her a text saying that I was already heading there with my brother and his fiancée and that if she wanted she could meet us there before grabbing my over the shoulder purse and shoes before leaving my room.

Bailey texted saying that she and Enzo would meet us there soon and I swear I felt my heart jump in my chest at the thought of him also going. What is going on with me? And why was I getting so nervous at the thought of Enzo going to the mall?

Hormones. That's it. I'll blame it on them. Stupid hormones.