Prologue

"Did you have another dream?"

 "Yes."

 "What was it about this time?"

 "Fire, it was everywhere- on the walls, the ceiling.."

 "And?"

 "And.. This woman, she was- she was dead." 

My life had always been filled with some sort of unexplainable pauses. Blanks in time where nothing seemed to fit right. Here and there; extraordinary things, people, places. But most of all- dreams. I dreamed of many things, but mostly, them. 

They filled my waking hours- their faces, so foreign- yet, undeniably familiar. They filled my dreams, when I saw them journey through life- taking on the world one terrible adventure at a time. 

Adventures that I felt I knew, but didn't at the same time.

I was stuck in the midst of waking and dreaming- and sometimes the two combined into one horrible reality.

Then I'd wake, the sun blazing through my pale curtains- the birds chirping softly in the willow tree outside my window. 

None of it would be real.

Yet, it was.

I never knew their names, blanked out like a thick wall of fog, there, but impossible to decipher. Like an ancient code that I had yet to master. 

I didn't understand the weight of what was put on my shoulders, the burden that I was forced to bear; a burden for which I didn't understand the reason why I had to carry. Everyone thought I was crazy, and maybe I was; maybe I had pulled the curtain over my own eyes, taken on the dreams and counted them as my own. But I couldn't deny the strange urge that I had towards them; the longing to be with the people of my dreams. Like I belonged there. 

Not here, in the life that was trapped behind the four sides of a white-picket fence. The normalcy strangled me, suffocating me in its grip. I tried to fit in, to act as if I belonged there. But yet, I didn't, and no matter how much I told myself. I always knew that something was wrong, something was terribly, undeniably wrong.  

Small blanks spots as the people standing in front of me would flicker. In and out like a broken mirage. I was scared at first, but slowly as the time past; I became numb to it. I became numb to the sudden glimpses of white walls that would appear in my vision. Numb to the sound of intense beeping as it rang in my skull. 

Maybe I was broken; or maybe the world was.

"Shay!"

You might be saying right now..

"Why are you posting another fanfic when you already have another one in the making?"

Well friends, the answer is quite simple, the urge came upon me, I was too weak to resist. So it did it :)

Or if you prefer it in the words of the great Captain Jack Sparrow:

"Complications arose, ensued, were overcome."

Just another thing before I leave.. updates for this book will be VERY sporadic, considering I am just doing it when I have semi-lost motivation for the others.

ANNND:

Please, do not steal my ideas, characters, or anything of mine from this book, (if you do, rest assured I will find you *cackles).