Chapter 3 Henry's christening planning

Me and George watch Elizabeth play in the garden with Lady Mary from my chamber's window. I'm surprised Mary likes Elizabeth.

It wasn't my idea to invite Mary. I don't want her near my son. Henry said that she might recognise me as Queen and apologise to you. I wanted to see Mary apologise to me so I shrugged the offer and he took it as a yes. Henry used to love his daughter. Adored her at some point. During our estrangement, he had pride as being her father. He never felt felt way about Elizabeth.

"Tell me what Mary said." I ask Sir Francis Bryan,the kinsman who had been with the Duke of Norfolk to tell Mary the birth of Henry. 

"She said she is pleased that God gave the King a healthy son, your highness." My eyes darken. Looking for Mary out my window. 

"She didn't referred me as Queen,her majesty or even Henry's wife? Not my son as the Prince?" He shakes his head.

"That Spanish bitch." I mutter under my breath. I can't let them hear the insult. They would tell Henry as he might kick off.

"So, Mary is here? I thought you hated her?" George comes in with a drink I ordered. 

"Henry did it." I explain sipping on the drink. George doesn't do anything more. A papper is on the plate, in George's handwriting.

'Your Majesty' I roll my eyes.

"No need George." He chuckles to himself. 

"You are the Queen."  He looks at me seriously "so maybe you can invite our sister to attend." My eyes widen and I look at him.

"She shamed our family." I look at the wall. 

"She married for love. That something more then you did." 

"I married the King of England! She married so poor nobody. I have given what I can to her money and gifts and I agreed to be her daughter's godmother. But Mary makes her own choices." I sip my drink again. George's face looked defeated.

"I know." 

George pats my back. "I know you're mad at her but maybe invite her?" I can tell that George wants to see Mary. 

Mary and I used to be so close, but now Mary is just a name or it is Lady Mary, Catherine's daughter. If you asked me fourteen years ago what the name Mary meant to me I would go into detail about my sister but now I wouldn't.

"I'll think about it."