Chapter 1: Birth

June 1536, Hampton Court

I hold my stomach looking up at the ceiling. How did I get here? I'm a pregnant weak woman who's husband will not stop sleeping around. Apparently he is out though I never saw him leave from my window. He probably left through the back. I reassure myself.

Suddenly a pain is shot into my stomach. I groan in pain, one of my ladies eyes widen and call out to the hallway

"Her majesty is in labour!" Three ladies and the midwife who helped me give birth to my beloved daughter Elizabeth rush into the room. 

It needs to be a boy. I can't imagine having another girl in the situation I am in right now. Sure, I will love her with my whole heart but now my lord is sleeping with that stupid wrench Jane Seymor. I have lost my two boys in my last pregnancy so I don't want to loose this one. Most people are saying it's  a boy. I'm not sure if they are saying that because they want to reassure his majesty. He was disappointed and in some sort of way abusive when I lost my boy last time from the stress of seeing him with Seymor. I was very close to loosing this child. I just want a healthy boy lord. Maybe this is God's way of punishment for me sleeping with Henry before we were married but I love Elizabeth with my whole heart. Who knows maybe after this child they will be each half of my heart!

I pray under my breath.

I push when they say so and they congratulate me after every push.

Only a son would be the heir to the Tudor crown and hopefully continue the legacy and the honour to be his mother I could die happy. This boy would be the my protection from my enemies. I could finally get past that waste Catherine of Aragon and her Spanish bastard. 

Thoughts of a baby girl still could anger me. Even make this labour more painful then it already is. Maybe be more painful then labour. I must prove I am the rightful Queen of England to Catherine and Mary. They both don't recognise me as Queen but with a son they have basically no choice but to bow down to him. Especially Mary, since she could see him become king she must bow down to him! Mary still claims herself as Princess and Catherine Queen. Even though me and Elizabeth are. 

Another contraction hits me across the face to stop the thoughts.

"One big push your majesty!" I follow the orders. Thinking about my life with my son ruling.

Once more and my son will be here my reward. Only thing I could have to keep his love. The only thing I can have as revenge and hope. He will be here. 

The pain goes away.

"Oh no." The midwife looks af the woman next to her.

"What happened? Please don't tell me he is dead!" My face turns pale "Did I kill him!" 

"Get something sharp, quickly!" I try to see what is happening but my knees don't allow me.

"The umbilical cord is around the babies neck!" I panic. My baby is going to die!

"What gender is it?!" I say, panic quacking in my voice. They don't reply. Does that mean it's a girl? I place my head on the pillow. No no no no…

Crying comes from below me. 

"Your majesty! It's a boy!" I mutter I-I did it!!

I hold my son. He is has my eyes but Henry's hair. He is perfect. Names spiral into my head. I kiss his head. My ladies tell people to make the announcement of the new heir.