𝗟.𝗢 | 𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲

pairing: lena oberdorf x reader

summary: media day consisting of making a gingerbread house with your girlfriend

warnings: nothing but fluff, established relationship

words: 1225

a/n: a little gift from me for the festive season

It was media day once again and today you had been partnered up with your teammate who so happens to be your girlfriend

It was media day once again and today you had been partnered up with your teammate who so happens to be your girlfriend. Lena Oberdorf.

The two of you were dressed in ridiculous costumes, you dressed up as a christmas tree whereas Lena was a snowman.

The two of you were sitting at a table, an abundance of items scattered on top of it which were needed for the video.

The camera crew were doing their last minute checks and before you knew it, you were given a thumbs up, signalling that the cameras were recording.

"Hello." You smiled, looking between Lena and the camera. "I'm y/n y/l/n."

"I'm Lena Oberdorf." Lena said, giving a little wave.

"As you can see, today is going to be Christmas themed." You said, gesturing to what you and Lena were wearing. "The two of us will be competing for who can make the best gingerbread house in the time we are given."

"And it is obvious that I am going to win." Lena smirked, looking at you with a determined glint in her eye.

"Underestimate me. That'll be fun," you chuckled, "ready to lose, Lena?"

"Not gonna happen, y/l/n."

"Oh, we're on last name basis now? I see how it is."

You suggested a countdown and someone from the camera crew started from three but before they finished the word, the both of you were already getting your things to make the gingerbread house.

You began with the foundations, using the icing as cement to hold pieces of gingerbread together to make a square. The roof was a little trickier, dropping the icing bag to the table as you held the piece of gingerbread, securing the roof in place.

What you didn't notice, too entranced with making your gingerbread house, was that Lena had seemingly forgotten about hers for a moment in time.

The midfielder couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from you. She watched every move you made, how your tongue would stick out the corner of your mouth in concentration, going from how your arm flexed as you squeezed the icing bag to the way your veins crawled from your hand up to your arm.

Once you were happy with your gingerbread house, it was finally time to decorate it but not before squeezing the bag of icing straight into your mouth.

Hearing a chuckle from beside you, you turned to look at your girlfriend. Raising an eyebrow in question you wondered what she was laughing at.

"What?" You questioned, your voice coming out muffled due to the icing in your mouth.

"Nothing." Lena smiled, shaking her head as she let out a soft laugh.

Still not quite believing her, you shrugged your shoulders and were about to go back to decorating when Lena took a hold of each side of your face. Lena used the pad of her thumb and brushed it along your lip, clearing away the icing that was there.

As she pulled away she kept her eyes locked with yours, licking the icing off her thumb and smiling to herself at your reaction. You couldn't help the blush that creeped up the back of your neck to the tips of your ears.

You let out a jumble of words that couldn't be understood by anyone as you went back to your gingerbread house.

Trying to be fancy, you created an intricate pattern on the roof with icing and stuck some jelly tots in different places that you thought seemed to fit.

After you thought you were done you spotted some sprinkles out of the corner of your eye. With a child-like grin taking place on your face you reached for it and you were quick to empty all its contents over your house, completely making a mess.

Finally being happy with your finished product you waited for Lena to finish up her house, completely entranced by her beauty, it was as if she was sculpted by the gods themselves.

You felt like the luckiest person on the planet, watching your girlfriend be effortlessly beautiful with whatever she was doing, managing to make anything look perfect.

You completely forgot about the cameras around you, your sole focus on your girlfriend. You let a small smile take over your features as you looked down at your lap, not quite believing Lena was actually yours.

"You are awfully quiet over there," Lena stated, not looking away from her gingerbread house, "what's going on?"

"Nothing," you replied, "just waiting for you to finish."

"I'm nearly done." Lena said.

"Take your time." You smiled.

After eating an array of different sweets that were littered all over the table. Once Lena finally finished she looked up from her gingerbread house and at you with a grin plastered on her face.

"Finished?" You asked, smiling at your girlfriend's action.

"Yeah." Lena nodded.

"Turn them around in three?" You suggested, gesturing to your gingerbread houses.

"Three, two, one.." Lena counted and when she said one the two of you turned your houses around to show each other.

You had a very simplistic design with a little artistic flare from what seemed to be a three year old due to the sprinkles everywhere, whereas Lena had gone all out. No wonder she spent a long time on it.

Your gingerbread house was severely outdone by Lena and you couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at your childish design.

"I think we know who the winner is here." You smiled, gesturing to your girlfriend's gingerbread house.

"Really?" Lena questioned, fighting back a huge grin.

"Yeah." You said softly, looking at her with nothing but pure love and affection.

Lena let out a triumphant yell and did a little dance in her seat, gaining a chuckle from you. After Lena finished her little dance, you placed your hand underneath her chair and pulled her closer towards you.

The midfielder squealing at the action, nearly falling into your arms. Lena looked up at you and was about to say something when you placed your forefinger and thumb on her chin, tilting her head to place a kiss on her lips.

You pulled away, your lips ghosting hers as the corners of your lips curved upwards, leaning your foreheads together.

"Well done." You whispered, pulling away, reminding yourself you are still being recorded.

"Danke." Lena replied.

"Want some icing?" You asked, holding up the bag of icing you used.

"Sure." Lena shrugged.

"Open up." You said, placing your thumb on her bottom lip, parting them before taking a hold of Lenas cheek and tilting her head back. You used your other hand and squeezed some icing into her mouth.

Lena was quick to let a blush take over her features, her face burning at the thoughts that fogged her mind.

You placed a quick kiss to her cheek and let Lena recompose herself before the two of you said the outro to the video.

After everything finished you couldn't help the chuckle that escaped your lips at the look on Lenas face.

She didn't say anything, grabbing your wrist and dragging you away from everyone and into your car. You smirked to yourself knowing what was coming when the two of you got home.

And you couldn't wait, perhaps you'd have to buy some icing for home.