𝗟.𝗪 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿 (𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲)

pairing: leah williamson x reader, fcb femeni x reader

summary: After a gruelling game against real madrid all feelings are put onto the table, does it lead you to being heart broken or someone else's?

warnings: angst & fluff

words: 3146

a/n: this is one of the alternate endings of part three... so enjoy. you can either read this version or the other- or both! :)

"The person you are calling is unable to take your call right now, please leave a message after the tone

"The person you are calling is unable to take your call right now, please leave a message after the tone."

Six times. That's how many times Leah had tried to call you. Yet, you still didn't pick up.

With every time Leah called you she had a little hope in her that you would pick up, but it soon shattered when it went through to voicemail.

"Pick up, please." Leah whispered, her voice cracking as she sat on the edge of her bed. "Just pick up."

Fiddling with your ring on her finger Leah decided to call you one last time.

Leg bouncing up and down in anticipation, Leah bit the nail on her thumb waiting, hoping, or anything in between for her to hear your voice.

As the phone rang the likelihood of you picking up got slimmer and slimmer. Leah ultimately decided to end the call, completely unaware that you were contemplating on the other end, finger hovering over the button to accept.

Letting out a long sigh, one full of many emotions, Leah couldn't stop the feeling of her bottom lip quivering along with the tears pooling up in her eyes.

Finally letting the emotions get the better of her, she soon broke down once again. This time taking longer to compose herself.

With trembling hands, Leah picked up the letter beside her and read it once again.

Leah,

I've known you for five years and lived with you for three, each one of those years, minutes and seconds have been the best of my life. But I can't be friends with you. I can't be just friends with you.

I like all the little things about you, I like the way you make me feel, I like your smile, laugh, everything. I like you. Nothing in this world can stop me from liking you.

You might be wondering where all my things have gone and it's because I got sent a transfer, one from Barcelona. I took it. I couldn't turn it down.

Well at first, I didn't really want to take the offer. That was until I saw you and jordan. I just couldn't handle the heartbreak knowing that Jordan was the one who got to hold you, kiss you, be the one to call you theirs.

I was going to tell you, you know. I had it all planned out, it wasn't anything extravagant, just a little something.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my feelings and about the transfer. I was going to, it's just that life got in the way. I don't want it to be real. I don't want to leave, not really. Not without you.