𝗞.𝗠 | 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆

pairing: katie mccabe x reader, arsenal x reader

request(s): 'could you possibly write something with katie mccabe x reader? maybe katie being a hard ass on the pitch and being a softie with reader, perhaps fans shooing them and then katie confesses to reader after a game?' & 'katie mccabe x oblivious reader where katie gets jealous and reader finds it hot but is confused'

summary: an oblivious reader and a jealous mccabe, what could go wrong? (nothing really).

warnings: nothing but fluff other than the occasional swear word and my god awful writing

words: 3151

a/n: this is my first time writing for katie mccabe so i hope its up to standards and is somewhat alright. i also realised i didn't really focus on the requests and got a little sidetracked but it follows the same concept :)

 i also realised i didn't really focus on the requests and got a little sidetracked but it follows the same concept :)

It was clear to everyone that Katie had her eye on someone and that someone happened to be you. Yet, you were the only one who couldn't see it.

It bewildered everyone, hint after hint you still didn't catch onto Katie's antics only thinking she was being friendly.

Although Katie really liked you, it was slowly getting to a point where she was starting to lose hope. Desperately trying not to be weighed down by not making any progress.

Deciding to graft extra hard, Katie made it her mission to let you know how she felt and if that didn't work, she wouldn't know what to do.

"Hey, y/l/n." Katie smiled, walking up to you and wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Hey, McCabe." You chuckled, leaning into the woman beside you as the two of you made your way to the coach where the rest of the team was waiting for you.

"Ready to make North London red?"

"Of course." You smiled.

"Here come the love birds." Jen teased, watching as you and Katie approached the team.

"Shush, Beattie. We're just friends." You replied, shaking your head and letting out a laugh.

At the little harmless comment you made about being 'just friends' Katie dropped her arm from your shoulder and let a stoic expression take form on her face.

You turned your head, wondering why Katie put some distance between the two of you, raising an eyebrow in question.

The Irish woman just shook her head a little, looking down at the floor as she found a seat for herself on the coach.

"What was that about?" You asked, looking back and forth between Jen and the door to the coach.

Jen didn't say anything, instead she just let out a small sigh, sending you a smile before walking onto the coach herself, leaving you even more confused than you were before.