| 𝐌𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 |

Start from the beginning

"Sort of. I convinced him to leave without me. He was going to try and save me but I didn't want him to risk his own safety for mine. He'd probably do the same if our positions were reversed."

"You...trust him that much?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. He's my brother. He's had my back since we were kids....What about you?" I asked.

"What about me?"

"Did you have any siblings growing up?"

He stayed silent for a moment, staring at the ground thinking to himself.

"N-no. Just me." He said bitterly, his tone lowering.

"Oh... That sounds-"

"Lonely." He interrupted."You couldn't imagine." He rolled his eyes as he walked up ahead.

I decided to drop the topic since I didn't feel comfortable pressing him about his personal life too much. I'm a little surprised he told me that much.

"We're here." He said suddenly, his walking coming to a stop.

We were standing in front of a wooden door. Bowser used a silver looking key to open this door. I was expecting it to look like your typical prison cell.

I was surprised when it looked like it could pass for a room. The floor had a refurbished stone look to it. There was a small bed, and a built-in bathroom, and a small wooden stool.

I noticed a tower window placed high up. The "cell" didn't look half bad.

"I-I don't understand. Why are you keeping me here? I thought you'd keep me in some sort of rusty dungeon or something." I said.

"Because, you are a very particular prisoner. Peach is staying in a room very similar to yours. The location of your cells are very high up and leaves zero chance of escape. It is also easy for my guards to keep track of."

"Oh.... So why are you choosing to keep me prisoner instead of-"

"Killing you?"

"Yeah... You're henchmen made it sound like you kill intruders on a daily basis." I said as he simply facepalmed.

"They can be a bit over dramatic sometimes. But to answer your other question, you can be of use to me. Sooner or later, Mario will come back and I will use you to get him to surrender himself." He stated, which made my entire body freeze.

"You- You can't be serious! You can't do-"

"SILENCE!" He roared." This is what needs to be done. After I have Mario as my prisoner, I will have Peach rule by my side."

"You can't do that! When my brother gets here, he'll-"

"Do what? There's nothing he can do to stop me! And when he comes back for you, I'll be ready for him." He stated."Enjoy your stay. I do truly hope you enjoy it here."

And with that, he loudly slammed the door. Seeing as there was no way out of this room, I took off my shoes and lied down silently on my bed.

I couldn't help but lay there, catastrophizing the multiple potential outcomes when Mario returned. The situation seemed hopeless from here.

Considering it took me and Mario 4 weeks just to get here, it would probably take 8 weeks to get back to the Mushroom Kingdom and come back here.

From the looks of it, my brother would be spending the last 8 weeks of his life fighting for what seemed to be a lost cause.

I spent the rest of the day on my bed silently rethinking the whole day over. The guards would check in on me every hour and a half and would ask if I needed anything.

At some point two of Bowser's henchmen brought food up for me, which surprisingly didn't look half bad.

But I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. The next day I spent more time looking around the small room I was given. I found out that I could reach the very high window by placing my stool on my bed, and a very precise jump. And with that I could just barely grab the ledge of the frameless window.

However, it practically looked like a 100ft drop. Me attempting to jump out the window would be equivalent to Rapunzel leaping out her tower. So that was a definite no go.

And even if I did manage to get out of this room, I'd have no idea on how to even exit the castle. With all the lava pits, and everything in this place looking the same. It would be me navigating a maze without a map.

With no entertainment, I found myself often staring out the window. Even though I was high up, I could see a good bit of Bowser's minions from up here. Watching them scramble to relocate Bowser's statues beats lying around all day.

My silence was interrupted when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly hopped down from the window and removed the stool from my bed.

I watched the golden door knob twist. The door opened to Bowser, who was holding a breakfast tray with fries and a bottle of water.

"I brought you breakfast." His tone sounding more welcoming than usual.

I watched him place the breakfast tray beside me on my bed. Despite his better tone, I refused to talk to him after what he admitted yesterday. I formed a scowl on my face and turned away from him.

"I didn't have to come all the way up here to see you, you know? I could've had one of my henchmen drop your breakfast off up here. You should be honored." He growled.

I could tell he wanted a verbal response out of me. I simply stayed turned away from him, keeping my arms crossed.

He suddenly lost his temper, and knocked the stool over, sending it flying into the wall. He then picked me up like a rag doll and pinned me against the wall forcing me to face him.

His face looked full of anger as he heavily breathed.

"What type of game are you playing? Why aren't you talking?!" He growled as he panted heavily." I didn't come all the way up here just to be ignored!"

As tempted as I was to give a response, I bit my tongue and stayed silent. Yesterday I was afraid of what he might have had planned for me, but now knowing he wasn't going to get rid of me I felt a small will of courage forming inside me.

I gave him the same cold gaze he gave me yesterday. His grip on me tightened for a moment. He then let go of me, staring at me with a mix of defeat and sorrow.

"Forget it! Waste away in here for all I care!" He roared before slamming the door harder than he did yesterday.

I could hear his angered stomps echo throughout the hall. I was relieved that he was finally out of my room.

It was when he left my room that I finally took notice of my trembling figure. I slowly slid down to the floor and sat down with my arms embracing my knees. I took a couple slow deep breaths to recollect myself.

For a moment, I thought he'd just get so mad that he'd just set me on fire and call it a day. Thankfully he didn't, so it might be better for me to not test that guy's patience.

Just when I thought I could finally have a moment to myself, I heard another knock on my door.