Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING

Start from the beginning

"I still don't like him." Isaac said and Derek shrugged, "Nobody likes him." He said as Nabina leaned her head on Isaac's shoulder. A second later the door to the loft slid open making them look over to see Peter walk in. "Boys... And girl. FYI? Yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities slightly impaired... but, the hearing still works. So, I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face." 

"We don't like you. Now shut up and help us." Derek said, snapping his book shut before standing up and Peter nodded slightly. "Fair enough." He said before flicking his claws out. 

A little bit later, Issac sat in a chair, nervously messing with the rings on Nabina's fingers, who stood in front of him. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm." Peter said as he walked around Isaac and Isaac glanced back at him, "How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked. 

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by Alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone... Or kill them." Peter said and he placed his claws on the back of Isaac's neck while Nabina and Derek glanced at each other. 

"You... You've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac asked nervously and Peter smirked slightly, "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." He said making them all furrow their brows slightly. "Wait, does that mean that you-" Isaac went to say but Peter cut him off by pushing his claws into Isaac's neck making Isaac cry out in pain slightly, letting go of Nabia's hands to grab Peter's arms. 

They both grunt in pain and Isaac jerked slightly, trying to get away from Peter making Nabina start to step forward but Peter stopped her by speaking up. "Wait, I see them-" Peter said before starting to look dizzy until he suddenly pulled away from Isaac, stumbling back into the table. Nabina instantly kneeled down in front of Isaac, gently grabbing his face. 

"What'd you see?" Derek asked as Peter walked off to the side while panting, "It was confusing... Um, im-images, vague shapes..." He said and Derek raised his eyebrows. "But you saw something." He said and Peter nodded slightly, "Isaac found them." He said, making Nabina look over at him. 

"Erica and Boyd?" She asked and Peter shook his head slightly, "I barely saw them- I mean, glimpses." He said. "But you did see them?" Derek asked and Peter nodded, "And worse." He said and Nabina sighed. "Deucalion... He was at the hospital too.. Still can't believe he's my dad's friend Deuc." She said while Isaac tightly held onto her hands. 

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out." Peter said and Isaac furrowed his brows slightly, not looking up, "What does it mean?" He asked before looking over at Derek. "He's gonna kill them." Derek said and Peter shook his head, "No, no, no, no, no. He didn't say that. He did make them a promise... that, by the full moon, that they'd both be dead." He said, making Nabina raise her eyebrows. 

"The next full moon?" She asked and Peter sighed, "Tomorrow night." 

⊚ 

In some random empty class, Lydia and Allison hold their arms together, forming the complete symbol on their skin. Derek and Nabina stood in front of them while Scott looked on at his side and Stiles sat on a desk. Derek raised his eyes to meet Allison's, neither of them blink as they glare at each other. "I don't see anything." He said and Scott stepped forward, "Look again." 

"How is a bruise going to tell us where Erica and Boyd are?" Derek said and Scott looked at his like it was obvious, "It's the same on both arms. Exactly the same." He said and Derek just shook his head. 

"It's nothing." 

"Pareidolia." Lydia said, making them look at her confused, "Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia said and Scott sighed softly and looked at Derek.