SIMPLICITES - CH1

Wednesday sighed, just a few more days until she went back to Nevermore. She never grew fond of places like schools especially, but eventually she found it tolerable. It seems she could look forward to Nevermore this time, but her feelings would seem to never process that.

She looked at the phone Xavier gave her, she never got Enid's number or Eugene's. She only had Xavier's and her family. Could she dare bother Xavier asking for Enid's?

She bit her lip, hard enough to draw blood, then went to messages. Only a few texts went back and forth between Xavier and her. She could tolerate him too, but not that much or else she'll dream of strangling his neck so hard that his vocal chords would burst. Wednesday smiled at that thought.

She took a deep breath, then texted him.

Wednesday: (Xavier? So, I wanted to contact our classmates before school again, do you happen to know Enid's, and possibly, Eugene's number?)

She stared intensely at the phone without a single blink. She grinned without a glint in her eye when Xavier replied, which was the first time he made her grin by text or any of the times he was with her.

Xavier: (Huh? Oh yeah, I got Enid's, but I dunno about Eugene's. Here, I'll send you Enid's contact.)

Her eyes widened a bit, she was almost surprised that worked so easily. She looked over to her room's door. Thing, a dismembered hand, was tapping on the floor.

"Thing, didn't I tell you to close the door after you come in?" Wednesday huffed. "One more slip up or annoying noise, and I'll peel off those nails."

If Thing could gasp, he would. In a series of sign language and hand movements, Thing told her off the best way he could. Then he teased her about missing her new friends.

"As if I have any, Thing. I'd much prefer being alone than being in a crowded place with 'friends,'" Wednesday scoffed whilst looking at her phone adding the new contact of the she-wolf.

She looked at the hand once more.

"Yes, I did let Enid hug me. Your point, exactly?"

"I certainly did not make a friend! How dare you accuse me of such actions?" She crossed her arms. "Enid simply saved my life, the least I could do is give her a hug to comfort her, I mean, did you see the look on her face?"

"Since when did I care about comforting people? Never! I just didn't want to owe her anything."

Thing points at her phone.

"I'm adding her contact for safety reasons, Thing, nothing more. Now that she can transform, she's a big, strong, werewolf. Now silence, I'm not afraid of breaking your finger."

Wednesday rears her full attention on her phone, and sends the first message to Enid.

Wednesday: (Enid?
Greetings, its Wednesday. I got your contact from Xavier)

She bit her lip again, anticipating the next message to pop up and she if it was really her.

Enid: (OMG! Hi! Damn, when did you get a phone? I thought you didn't want to be a slave to technology???)

Wednesday: (Yes, I do recall saying that and I still mean it. Xavier gifted me this phone and put his number in it)

Enid: (That's bold, lol)

Wednesday: (Exactly what I said. Question, do you know who the new headmaster will be? I just hope it isn't a psychopath.. though, I would like that. I just mean a psychopath who wouldn't try to kill me.)

Enid: (No, I just know they're very secretive. No one has seen them yet.)

Thing hopped on Wednesday's shoulder.