Three girls in red

I got to the park Luke gave me a shy look, as if to say nothing can be that bad. Maybe they tried to go swimming and drowned? Probably, but I smelt them before I saw them... They were covered in blood, and lying not far from one another. Nothing that could have been used to kill them in sight. I almost cried, I could have stopped this from happening the moment I saw the picnic basket near one of them... I knew it was those girls, the girls I could have saved...

The forensic team were out here shortly after me and Luke, they took out there cameras, I may have wanted to work in homicide, but I was not ready for this. Never in a million years. I would not be able to sleep while I was on this case, I might have to live with the fact that I could have stopped this all along...

I found out who these girls were and called their parents, Luke couldnt do it. He doesnt have the guts. But I need to apologise, Its my fault.

"Hello? Detective Graines again..." I tried to sound upset and sorry. But my happy phone voice tone wasnt helping.

"Yes?" The womans voice sounded angry, and slightly annoyed. "You told me about your two daughters... earlier..." I started, easing into the news that would hit this woman like a brick to someones face. "Welp today, at the park, they were um..." I tried to say it without crying, but I couldnt... "Killed. I will be working on the case with my partner, Detective Maddley." I tried to let her know I would help... "My daughters! Oh no" she burst into tears, I didnt want to hang up, that wouldnt be reasuring... "Yes, I am very sorry for your loss..." I paused looking at Luke, his face looking sad. He didnt understand my feelings...

Later I packed away stuff in my drawer and waved goodbye to Luke before climbing into my ford. God the smell of her perfume on my carseat was intoxicating, I had to go home. I would drive home and on the way get the flowers she likes, just to take my mind off of today. And just remmber the evening...

"Baby? I'm home!" I called out putting my car keys down on the little set of drawers, and taking my shoes off as well as hanging up my coat, throwing my hangbag onto the sofa. "Babe, I'm in the bath." She called out, I proceded towards her sweet chocolate voice. It always made me melt. I opened the door to the bathroom, "Hey, What did you do to keep busy today?" I asked her lissing her forehead. And undressing, climbing into the opposite side of the bathtub facing her. "Just the usual, planning the engagement party." She answered grasping my hand rubbing her thumb over my knucles. "Nice, How about we do something special?" I said thinking of taking her out for dinner. "Yes, Why not. Dinner perhaps?" This girl reads my mind. "It will be the Ash and Mia specialty, the local indian down the road." She answered. I nodded holding Mia's hand tighter, leaning foreward kissing Mia on the cheek. "After you give me my hello kiss." I replied.