Chapter Twenty

"Erin," I felt a gentle kiss on my head. "We need to get on the road, baby."

I groaned and opened my eyes. Ryder hovered over me already dressed. "What time is it?" I mumbled stretching.

"Five. Come on. You can sleep in the car. I want to be in Corpus by noon."

"Can I take back what I said? I want to sleep." I mumbled rolling over and clutching the pillow to me.

Ryder chuckled. "No. I've already got everything packed. Zach came by last night after you fell asleep with clothes and stuff for you."

"Fine." I grumbled and climbed out of bed. Ryder swept me up in his arms and carried me to the car. He draped a blanket over me and I fell back asleep.

When I woke up again, the sun was rising and we were the only car on the road.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Ryder grinned at me from the driver's seat.

I looked at the clock on the dash and saw it was 7:30. "Morning." I greeted back.

"You hungry?" he asked as he turned down the radio.

I stretched and realized how cramped my legs were. "Yeah. Can we stop? I need to stretch."

Ryder laughed at me. "Sure. There is a change of clothes under your seat. You can change when we get there. How does Chick-Fil-A sound?"

I nodded vigorously. "Sounds good."

We pulled into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and I reached under my seat and produced athletic leggings, flip flops, and an old football Playoffs t-shirt, that happened to be Zach's, that was two sizes too big for me.

I gathered up the clothes and followed Ryder inside. "Get me Chicken minis. I'm gonna go change." I told Ryder.

As I walked away, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into him. "What's the magic word?" he asked smirking, his lips brushing mine.

"Please." I pressed my lips to his.

He pulled away grinning. "Eh. Close enough. Now, go change."

Ryder and I ate breakfast and then were back on the road.

As Ryder had wanted, we ended up in Corpus by noon. The day was amazing. We ate lunch at a great little Italian restaurant when we got to Corpus and Ryder had found a music and art festival which we had a great time at.

By the time we checked into the hotel, we were practically asleep.

We changed and fell into bed quickly sleeping into a peaceful sleep tangled and pressed together everywhere we could.

So I decided to give y'all one last cute chapter before it all comes crashing down.

I will be posting three chapters tonight because I've had the next two written for a long time.

For those of you unaware, they are in Texas and Corpus is referring to a small coastal city called Corpus Christi.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Avery